7th June 1971

XTreme

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Clifton!

So what major company had a training centre in Clifton? It was very close to the Zoo.

The Yoga class 

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Clifton!

So what major company had a training centre in Clifton? It was very close to the Zoo.

The midget appreciation society?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Yep, Revolver records was in Clifton.  I have absolutely no idea who trians in Clifton unless you were learning the teach kids in Clifton College (posh school) or learning how to feed the penguins in the zoo .

You were in the right ball park when you said Norwich Union!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

You were in the right ball park when you said Norwich Union!

Something in the back of my mind told me you worked for an insurance company (before Beechams and PC World) that's why I said Norwich Union.  Go on then, spill the beans ...............

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Something in the back of my mind told me you worked for an insurance company (before Beechams and PC World) that's why I said Norwich Union.  Go on then, spill the beans ...............

Excuse Me Reaction GIF

Midland Bank was my first job!

I'm sure you'll be surprised to learn that I tended to be a bit of a loose cannon in those days! And after certain incidents (2 in Bristol, and 1 in Carmarthen) I ended up leaving them at the end of the year. By then I'd had a Lambretta TV175 and Vespa SS180.

Jan 1972 I started working in the offices and stores at the Engineers Dept of the Council offices, and after various incidents I left there in Feb 1973. At that point I'd had a D7 Bantam, a 3TA Triumph, and a Suzuki 250 Hustler.

I did actually work one day then at a Builders Merchants.......but got arrested the second day so couldn't really go back under those circumstances. Had to sell the Hustler to pay the fines!

Which then led me to Currys in April 73.......so on the 18th I could go into the dealers and get a new Suzuki GT380J on HP. My first new bike! 

But after various incidents.........

science fiction judging you GIF by FilmStruck

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Midland Bank was my first job!

I'm sure you'll be surprised to learn that I tended to be a bit of a loose cannon in those days! And after certain incidents (2 in Bristol, and 1 in Carmarthen) I ended up leaving them at the end of the year. By then I'd had a Lambretta TV175 and Vespa SS180.

Jan 1972 I started working in the offices and stores at the Engineers Dept of the Council offices, and after various incidents I left there in Feb 1973. At that point I'd had a D7 Bantam, a 3TA Triumph, and a Suzuki 250 Hustler.

I did actually work one day then at a Builders Merchants.......but got arrested the second day so couldn't really go back under those circumstances. Had to sell the Hustler to pay the fines!

Which then led me to Currys in April 73.......so on the 18th I could go into the dealers and get a new Suzuki GT380J on HP. My first new bike! 

But after various incidents.........

science fiction judging you GIF by FilmStruck

Starting to sound like you were forced to leave the country because you were running out of places to piss people off 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Starting to sound like you were forced to leave the country because you were running out of places to piss people off 

It was just normal life in Swansea Fred!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

In 1976 I used to work in one of the shops here, it was scary even back then .....................

How did you end up in Penrhys?