Summer/winter carry

Tym

Its a bitter sweet time of year, as the weather gets warmer i have to switch to smaller firearms in order to still be able to conceal them from John Doe Dickhead. So i go from carrying my late father's Model 1927 Erjecito and my Bisley to two Ruger LCP's. Special thanks to Comp-tac for their belt, it will tow a truck. Mernickle Custom Holsters holds all my firearms high and close for concealment. Cant forget from whom those cocobolo grips came from, say hi to Esmeralda.

DSCN0458.thumb.jpeg.3ae7b371c6378006e289865d0e220a38.jpeg

DSCN0459.thumb.jpeg.e052fa69f4a61358f6554dbd46582fef.jpeg

Just an FFI, a second firearm being carried is called "a New York reload"......lol

• Like 1

I don’t like the light frame of the Glock, it doesn’t suit me at all. The Sig frame just dampens everything down nicely plus I like 45’s. I put Pachmyers on but it already fitted my big hands with the standard grip pretty well.

Only fired a Glock once, put a bunch of holes through the center of the target, it did that, over and over again. I might get one some day i dunno...

I just had that Bisley up there tuned up, had it reblued and the barrel cut to 4 5/8. The smith did a brilliant job, most accurate gun i've ever fired and i dont see well....That Model 1927 is dead on too, got it from the Argentine Military surplus supply chain we have from our South American friends. They make some good firearms. That one up there was made in 1945.

Silly question, perhaps, but doesn't that hurt your when you sit down? Or do you just take then off for sitting down at a cafe or something like that?

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Silly question, perhaps, but doesn't that hurt your when you sit down? Or do you just take then off for sitting down at a cafe or something like that?

Not a silly question at all, if you cant sit down you cant conceal carry, these holsters all hold the muzzle high enough to allow you to sit and not drive the muzzles into the better halfs nice chairs...lol

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

You can open carry in GA so you have that option as well.

I can here to butt, i dont have retention training and i dont use the kind of holsters that would prohibit someone from taking the firearm....on the bright side if someone took one i thenwould be shooting an armed individual...wouldnt i? lol

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

If you get a Glock you can get a retention holster.

Sure, any duty gun would have one butt, im not a cop, and i have a sense of style, so this is the way i roll, old school real steel wood and leather! :banana121or:

more states are going with "constitutional carry" if you are legal to own you're legal to pack. MI is open carry but unless I'm fishing with the bears I never did bother with it. I'm hours from Detroilet here, safest place I've ever lived, but it's about time to get the CPL because we can.

I like my Walther PPS in 40 S&W. built like a watch. Jan has her Ladysmith with the laser sight, we have shooting dates, it's like bowling but you don't have to wear those funny shoes.

• Thanks 1

The only reason i can carry in CT is because our State Constitution has a "2nd" amendment in it..otherwise these God Damn communists govt types would have said FU to carry...

• Like 1

I used to carry a Walther PPKS (.380) as it was a nice small weapon and easy to carry. But now, I just keep a Glock 22 in my truck and don't often carry anymore.

The PPKS is just too small for my petite little hands, but is a fantastic little weapon.

I keep the Glock mostly for when we're out in the hills - in case bear, mountain lions or pissed off moose start getting upset with us being in their home.

ppk1.JPG

PPK2.JPG

• Like 1