KTM Releases the Revised 2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE

Seymour Asscrack

Published in: News

2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE intro

Take The Rougher Road with the Extra Potential of the Revised 2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE

The full KTM ADVENTURE family has all the performance and travel/adventure segment-leading features a rider will ever need. Sometimes, however, bikers just want the most effective way to get from ‘A to B’ and with a motorcycle that endlessly invites temptation to an alternative path. This is where the sheer usability and superb power and handling engineering of the 2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE (spoked wheel edition) comes to the fore.

This compact and highly advanced package is one of the most versatile in the KTM range. The 2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE is not only about the epic outings but also the ‘every day’. Want that serviceable and dependable machine for the commute but also something that can handle a light offroad blast? No problem. Desire a bike that can still put out the torque and motor performance for a longer weekend ride-out with buddies? Easy. Need a modern, developed, race-informed all-rounder to discover the delights of a trail for the first time and for A2 requirements? Look no further.

2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE 1

For 2023 KTM have not only splashed the KTM 390 ADVENTURE with a sharp, fresh look but have also beefed-up the offroad credibility even more. The bike now has tough and light black anodized aluminum rims and spoked wheels (19” front and 17” rear) so even the hardest of bumps and stones will not bring a journey to a swift halt. The 2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE warranted this upgrade considering the strengths of the rest of the motorcycle, and to emphasize that ‘adventure’ really can be part of the daily routine.

2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE wheel

Elsewhere the impressively compact 4-stroke 373 cc single cylinder engine uses twin overhead camshafts, four values, a balancer shaft and electronic FI for smooth and uninterrupted momentum to the beat of 44hp and 37Nm of torque at 7000 rpm. Two catalytic converters ensure the system breathes within Euro5 emission targets while the fuel tank (sized for a 14.5-liter fill) vapor design also boosts the eco-friendliness of this particular KTM ADVENTURE.

The 2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE may have smaller dimensions and specs compared to some of its big brothers but it does not lack features essential to adventuring. Ride-by-wire, Motorcycle Traction Control, Cornering ABS, OFFROAD mode (more rear wheel slip) and linked OFFROAD ABS (disengaged on the rear, reduced on the front) are feathered by the 46mm throttle body and the slipper clutch while being administered through the 5” color TFT and intuitive handlebar switch.

Light weight and unbeatable agility is partly supplied by a chassis that takes its design cues from KTM’s work at the sharp end of rally competition. The KTM 390 ADVENTURE’s ’23 color also comes from this racing background. The steel trellis design and subframe construction achieves a satisfying blend of both feel, flex and long-term comfort; even the wind of the exhaust system is optimized for prime centralization. WP Suspension APEX hardware is adjustable for compression, rebound and preload and achieves that rare chemistry of tactile grip with the road and confidence-inspiring efficiency for the dirt.

2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE 2

Add bodywork that has been angled to protect zones of the bike and thrust the rider into full-control stance, a two-tier seat (that can be easily removed to reveal storage space and even swapped out for other models in the KTM PowerParts collection), LED lights, a windshield with two positions and wide ‘all-day’ footpegs, Brembo BYBRE brakes (320 front and 230 mm rear discs with four-piston calipers on the front) and the 2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE is complete. Live adventurously.

2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE highlights

• New tougher aluminum spoked wheels for robust extra offroad potential and all-round topline performance granted by the CONTINENTAL TKC70 tires
  • Brand new 2023 color and graphics scheme for fresh vibrant and sporty look
  • Dependable 373cc 4-stroke single engine pumping out 44 hp at 9000 rpm & 37 Nm of torque at 7000 rpm. Euro5 ready for the best emissions count
  • Lightweight and reassuring steel trellis chassis with adjustable WP APEX 43 mm forks and shock
  • Bosch electronics helping to inform the latest generation of Motorcycle Traction Control and Cornering ABS systems
  • 172 kg fully fueled, 14.5-liter tank and 830 mm lowest seat height
  • Wide selection of KTM PowerParts including accessories, aftermarket components, aesthetic touches, riding gear and more

For 2023 the KTM 390 ADVENTURE comes in two different choices: the ‘spoked wheeled’ edition and then the version with cast wheels and black/orange or blue/orange color scheme. As with the rest of the 2023 KTM ADVENTUREs, both bikes will be poised for action from the first days of the year and can be found in all good KTM Authorized dealers.

For more information and tech specs on the 2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE click HERE.

Source

42 minutes ago, Buckster said:

@boboneleg how would this compare to the CRF300 Rally?

More power , wheel sizes are odd and it’s still feckin ugly.

I’d like to try one but if you get on one I reckon your knees will be up around your ears.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

More power , wheel sizes are odd and it’s still feckin ugly.

I’d like to try one but if you get on one I reckon your knees will be up around your ears.

If I got another green lane bike I would be looking at something older.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Pretty sure it is made in China.

It’s like when you look at the Husqvarna 401 scrambler and it just looks like shit from up close, this is the same. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I thought the first 390’s were made in India 🤷‍♂️

You’re right it is India. I’m pretty sure I remember reading something about poor finish on the frames of these at some point.

• Like 1