Dameralls December 22

Saul

Going a bit stir crazy this morning as I still can’t walk far so decided another Bimble on the bike was on the cards.   Wind and rain but that doesn’t really matter if you have good gear so I set off. Originally I was going to North Cornwall Motorcycles in Bude, but changed my mind on the way out of Bodmin as the link road to Camelford was closed so I headed for Wadebridge instead.   Had a ride around Wadebridge but the town was packed, hardly surprising given the time of year, so I didn’t get off and headed south again to Newquay.      Thinking on the way that Newquay would also be overrun I turned off at Indian Queens and headed to Dameralls Cafe for a cup of tea and a bacon roll.   
The cafe is always busy there, not because of bikers although that is there target audience but with builders and workers from the local industrial estate.  Today there were also 4 armed police officers there as well.    Doesn’t feel right seeing policemen wearing guns on their hip, alien to normal experience.   
Well as I was at Dameralls it would haven been daft not to go in and have a look at the bikes.    The have a very healthy turnover of bikes there always several new and different bikes for sale.   Interesting.    Anyway in contrast to the Kawasaki centre the staff don’t grill you there, always say hello but leave you to your own devices unless you ask.  I think I prefer that.   They had a nice R1200RT which was a coincidence giving that Pedro mentioned one.  It was nice and at 9k seemed reasonably priced.  
I did notice that they had sold a z900RS and I can see Pete’s point of view from certain angles it does look quite bulbous.  
they had some Harleys as always but they are a bit odd looking to me.      I saw a lovely Triumph Speed Twin, very nice indeed.    Also saw a Royal Enfield Hunter in the flesh for the first time.  They also had a couple of very low mileage Interceptors for sale, one with 555 on the clock and one with 600 miles.   I don’t understand why you would sell a bike after just doing 500 or 600 miles.    
Gonna spend the afternoon washing the Himalayan now the sun is out.   
It may me smile when I filled the bike on the way home as I worked out the mpg and was surprised to see 97.   Obviously the last tankful covered the cold snap we have just had, mucho careful riding does benefit mpg.   

90B643B0-EF77-431B-90CF-C261428CA904.jpeg

8830CE27-3531-4321-A4EB-911F76767584.jpeg

14146D96-87CB-45DA-A861-5CEB3953C7F4.jpeg

F489E6BC-C9A7-4A10-A7D1-B844685E941E.jpeg

E6127FDA-55CC-44CF-A5D3-EC16F0D4139A.jpeg

6382002C-6BFF-45D6-AD22-3B45510C2E8E.jpeg

4DA39510-46D2-4152-BFBB-2CD0E36332ED.jpeg

111541C9-EC43-4A5A-8645-585071DCE646.jpeg

E7766F50-5F23-4459-9AC5-374CF8D2C0B0.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Saul said:

They had a nice R1200RT which was a coincidence giving that Pedro mentioned one.  It was nice and at 9k seemed reasonably priced.  

The RS!

Did you have a closer look and a sit? What did you think?

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

The RS!

Did you have a closer look and a sit? What did you think?

I didn’t sit on it.    To be honest I don’t think it would be for me.    A very nice quality bike to look at but for me I am not a fan of it’s styling or size.   Also if, and I have given it a lot of thought, I were to change my bike I would only be comfortable  spending 5 or 6 thousand not 9.     I don’t want to borrow any money and to spunk a big chunk of my savings on what is effectively a toy for me is not something I am going to do.   It’s not fair to my family.   I think I got sucked in by the last salesman I talked to about what I could do rather than think what I should do or even want to do.   Sorry if that is a boring answer and perhaps I should keep my thought processes in my head rather than live them out on a forum.     Just got excited about getting a new shiny rather than thinking first.   If I have sent you to sleep with my naval gazing you can thank me when you wake.   🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2