Representation of my weekend commuting

Saul

43 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Looking good though eh?!

I’m a seriously frozone person so I tried a cabillion bits of bike attire promising warmth that really didn’t deliver.
I heartily recommend snowmobile suits. Designed for superfeckin freezin temps. If you get the right sort they’re waterproof too. 
But they’re expensive and the second choice coming in waaaay cheaper (but does need waterproofs over the top in rainy weather) is coldstore work gear. Designed to be worn in sub zero freezers all day available cheap in all sorts of combos. Easy to get over a mobike jacket - assuming your not 5XL. 

I have a couple of decent warm jackets and can always layer up, it hands and legs that have been feeling the cold.   I am hoping the Muffs will sort my hands just need to get some warmer over trousers.  Thermals won't work for me as most of my shifts are in a warm Skoda.    My Mrs had been taking the pish about getting a romper suit to go over the top like the Michelin man.  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

I have a couple of decent warm jackets and can always layer up, it hands and legs that have been feeling the cold.   I am hoping the Muffs will sort my hands just need to get some warmer over trousers.  Thermals won't work for me as most of my shifts are in a warm Skoda.    My Mrs had been taking the pish about getting a romper suit to go over the top like the Michelin man.  

Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it 😆

Are you wearing waterproof trousers over the top? They make a difference.
And eBay (soz know you’re trying to stay off that site 😆) sell cheap fleece lined waterproof trousers. Payed about £15 for mine, very feckin warm. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it 😆

Are you wearing waterproof trousers over the top? They make a difference.
And eBay (soz know you’re trying to stay off that site 😆) sell cheap fleece lined waterproof trousers. Payed about £15 for mine, very feckin warm. 

I have some Richa waterproof trousers that are lined but not very warm,  but they do help.  I get paid tomorrow so will explore the options,  but I am starting to get that look every time another box turns up at the moment.      😳 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Saul said:

I have some Richa waterproof trousers that are lined but not very warm,  but they do help.  I get paid tomorrow so will explore the options,  but I am starting to get that look every time another box turns up at the moment.      😳 

Click n collect mate click n collect. 

There’s a locker with your number on it waiting for you to pick it up on the way to/from work 😉

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Saul said:

I used to use the all in one rain suit and honestly don't rate them they are brilliant if you can keep the neck done up if not they are pointless, my problem with it was my 19in neck and it just wouldn't do up in the end I resorted to using gaffa tape to get it to close around my neck.....and yes I looked like a Michelin man.....not a good look. 

2 piece is the way to go imho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Click n collect mate click n collect. 

There’s a locker with your number on it waiting for you to pick it up on the way to/from work 😉

That sort of talk is the route straight to the dog house for me.  🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Richzx6r said:

I used to use the all in one rain suit and honestly don't rate them they are brilliant if you can keep the neck done up if not they are pointless, my problem with it was my 19in neck and it just wouldn't do up in the end I resorted to using gaffa tape to get it to close around my neck.....and yes I looked like a Michelin man.....not a good look. 

2 piece is the way to go imho

Or you could stay off the pies.

• Haha 3