Snetterton trackday Mon 5th September

busabeast

So it was a journey south to my parents to stay there overnight the night before and giving me an hours drive to the track to wake myself up as it was a 5.45am alarm and a leave at 6am.

I arrived just gone 7.15am and found myself a garage and got setup alongside 5 other guys in the same garage who it turns out we're really nice guys and ranging in age from 25 or so up to 66 it turns out that the 66 year old was an ex racer a few years ago and he was on the same bike as me though his was a newer version so I decided that he was my main competition as we were in the same group and we had more than one good battle out on track throughout the day which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

First few sessions didn't really work out as planned though as I found out later that the baffle in the exhaust was messing with the fueling and causing a massive misfire from 8k onwards but removed it and it was a total animal for the rest of the day.

I had wanted to work on alot of things but due to some pretty epic battles with mick on the other rsv it all kinda went out of the window.

My main objective was to get my knee down just......because I wany that achievement not for any other reason.

O did get commended on my good ability to get out of corners extremely well as I get on the power very early in the corner but still keep the apex to corner exit clean I got instruction in my 4th session to see where my main points of improvement lay and its just on the brakes I'm braking way too early but feel like I'm braking as late as I can at the moment but it's something to work on for the future days at the track. 

So the instructor and mick said I ride the rsv like I would a 600 in as much as I'm not afraid to get hard on the power mid corner using my body weight to hustle it where I want it to be.

There was a small amount of rain in the 5th session and this session also saw my nearest miss where a bloke tried a very late lunge up the inside at Hamiltons and I had already committed to it and all I saw was a red flash on my left and a bike stood literally on its nose go straight on to the grass how I didn't collect him or vice versa I don't know there was only a couple of foot in it but mick following said I didn't even flinch and just rode like I hadn't even seen it. 

The rest of the day went well enough though I chose to for-go the last session as I was starting to feel abit knackered and I knew I had a 270 mile journey ahead so thought as I'd had a great day up to that point there wasn't much if anything to be gained by doing it and arrived home at around 8.30pm.

All in all a great day out even if not much was really worked on or improved.

Now it will be next year before I get back on track so I'll just do some bits and pieces to the rsv over the winter and get it ready for the new season starting. 

Pics to follow when I get some from the photographer at the track 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Fun was had, you didn't hurt yourself, good day!

My thoughts exactly, there was 5 red flags in various sessions throughout the day and 2 of which were road bikes that were pretty well fucked afterwards and they rode to the track so no idea how they managed to get home.

I only ever rode to my first ever track day and luckily I didn't bin it that day otherwise I'd have been fucked.

Always pays in my book to either van it or trailer to track days just incase you bin it 

• Like 2