Royal Enfield BTR Women’s Roadracing Program Grows for 2022

Hugh Janus

The 2022 Royal Enfield “Build. Train. Race.” roadracing program grows with new riders and MotoAmerica rounds.
The 2022 Royal Enfield “Build. Train. Race.” roadracing program grows with new riders and MotoAmerica rounds. (Royal Enfield/)

Royal Enfield’s “Build. Train. Race.” roadracing program returns for 2022, doubling in size and the number of MotoAmerica roadracing events.

The 2022 Royal Enfield BTR series will feature 15 women riders and compete at six MotoAmerica rounds throughout 2022.

The program was launched in 2020 by Breeann Poland, marketing and communications lead for Royal Enfield Americas, initially in American Flat Track. The BTR expanded into roadracing in 2021. It’s the first all-woman initiative that teaches women to not only race, but to build their own bikes.

The process is as straightforward as the name implies. The 15 participating female racers will receive a Royal Enfield Continental GT 650, which they will build over three months. They will then train to ultimately race in the six MotoAmerica rounds.

This is all being done under the mentorship of roadracer and crew chief Melissa Paris, an icon in female roadracing in her own right.

“The excruciating process of selecting the participants from hundreds of applicants is now over, and we have our BTR Road Race field in place,” Poland says in a press release. “We are excited to welcome back four women from previous seasons, plus one making the switch from flat track, along with 10 new faces.

“Royal Enfield, MotoAmerica, and all the BTR sponsors are looking forward to sharing the stories, personalities, and progress of these amazing women from different backgrounds and experience levels as they go through the season.”

A shot from the 2021 BTR grid.
A shot from the 2021 BTR grid. (Royal Enfield/)

2022 Royal Enfield BTR Road Racing Rider Lineup

Returning from the 2021 program are riders Kayla Thiesler, Michaela Trumbull, Alyssa Bridges, Trisha Dahl, and flat-tracker Bridgette LeBer transitioning to the roadracing side. Ten new riders will join them.

Bios for each of the following female racers are featured on the Royal Enfield BTR website.

2022 BTR Road Racing Roster

• Kayla Thiesler, 26, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
  • Michaela Trumbull, 29, Sheridan, Wyoming
  • Alyssa Bridges, 31, Orange County, California
  • Trisha Dahl, 31, Minneapolis, Minnesota
  • Bridgette LeBer, 29, Port Angeles, Washington
  • Ash Truxal, 31, Oakland, California
  • Chloe Peterson, 31, Steger, Illinois
  • Cora Tennyson, 36, Brandenburg, Kentucky
  • Crystal Looy, 34, Thousand Oaks, California
  • Hannah Stockton, 23, Kansas City, Missouri
  • Jenny Chancellor, 46, Tumwater, Washington
  • Jessica Martin, 38, Savannah, Georgia
  • Kayleigh Buyck, 30, Sodus, New York
  • Nicole Pareso, 34, Carrolton, Ohio
  • Patty Paul, 57, Berrien Springs, Michigan

“Holy smokes. I get to do this again,” says returning BTR Road Race rider Alyssa Bridges. “This program has changed so many things in my life, and I can’t believe we get to do it again. I’m honored to be asked to return for a second season. This time last year I had never modified a motorcycle to such a great extent, and never set foot on a racetrack. I’m sure this year will be different, but I’m so grateful to be asked to join again.”

“This whole experience is a dream come true,” says BTR Road Racing newcomer Kayleigh Buyck. “I never would have thought I would be chosen to be a part of something so inspiring and motivational. I only hope this encourages many more women to chase their dreams and help the sport grow.”

2022 Royal Enfield BTR Road Racing Schedule

For 2022, the BTR road-racing program adds three additional MotoAmerica rounds to the schedule:

2022 BTR Road Racing Schedule

• Round 1, May 20–22: Virginia International Raceway, Alton, Virginia
  • Round 2, June 3–5: Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
  • Round 3, July 29–31: Brainerd International Raceway, Brainerd, Minnesota
  • Round 4, August 19–21: Pittsburgh International Race Complex, Wampum, Pennsylvania
  • Round 5, September 9–11: New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, New Jersey
  • Round 6, September 23–25: Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Alabama

“The Royal Enfield Build. Train. Race. racers and crew were a pleasure to have in our paddock last year,” MotoAmerica Communications Manager Paul Carruthers says. “The series was embraced by our fans, the rest of the paddock, and the industry. We’re excited to welcome them back this year for twice as many rounds, and with even more racers.”

2022 Royal Enfield BTR Sponsors

Many sponsors return for the 2022 program:

• S&S Cycle
  • Maxima Racing Oils
  • Boxo USA
  • Öhlins USA Suspension

New sponsors for 2022 are Arai Helmets and AGV.

“It means the world to us to have such generous support from these great companies,” Poland says. “Being able to send the Royal Enfield BTR women out onto the track with premium parts, support, and protection is everything. Huge thanks to everyone who is behind our 2022 BTR Road Racing program. We can’t wait to see it all come together this season.”

For additional information, visit Royal Enfield BTR’s roadracing website.

Source

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Seen this @Slowlycatchymonkey?

Just discussing it with Mr Slowly. He reckons Im nuts enuf with my love of speed and really should have a go 😂

I think not cos although I’d like to one gravel trap was plenty enuf 4 me.

Definitely watch it tho. 

Thanks for the post. 

• Like 1