Montana and Wyoming - Part 2

Earache

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Great Eric......the hotel bar looks a bit bare doesn't it?

It did. We were the only ones in there the past two nights. Barkeep is only there from 4:40 until about 6:30 PM. Just no demand, I guess.

• Like 2

Sunday we got out and about early and ventured off onto to some dirt trails. Saw an old cabin with interesting construction features like a stone foundation. Can even see the moon in the last pic in the cloudy skies over Montana....

IMG_6818.JPG

IMG_6819.JPG

IMG_6820.JPG

IMG_6821.JPG

IMG_6822.JPG

• Like 5

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Superb Eric.......and they're always wooden structures?

Yup. If you had to build a cabin by yourself and maybe a wife to help, you'd build it outta wood as it's easy to do and there's a shitload of trees around, No stonemasons out in the wild to help you.

• Like 2

Working from my phone from home, I can't even understand the effort to build a house using chopped down trees by yourself or as a couple using only hand tools. Building that trying to make it before winter, while sourcing food as well. And then you still make it with enough quality that it endures more than a century of harsh winters?

Regarding the road below:

19 minutes ago, Earache said:

IMG_6826.JPG

YES!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Working from my phone from home, I can't even understand the effort to build a house using chopped down trees by yourself or as a couple using only hand tools. Building that trying to make it before winter, while sourcing food as well. And then you still make it with enough quality that it endures more than a century of harsh winters?

And summer is only 2-1/2 months long!  Amazing that they could build these things at all. I sure as shit couldn't do it.