Montana and Wyoming - Part 2

Earache

Monday is our last day of riding. Todd has a work meeting here in Great Falls until Thursday and I'll be headed back to Colorado by myself on Wednesday.

Time to hit the mountains....

IMG_6900.JPG

IMG_6901.JPG

IMG_6902.JPG

IMG_6907.JPG

IMG_6908.JPG

• Like 3

Alberta, Canada is about 20 miles behind us as we have to get on the interstate to head back. Got dark on us and made for a long day, but worth it.

Interstate highway was completely void of any traffic (the road doesn't really go anywhere) and we were able to move along a really good pace....

1.jpg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Are those cabins like peoples summer houses or are they abandoned now ?

Abandoned now. No windows or few doors on them. They looked like they're falling in on themselves.

• Like 2

Tried to leave Montana yesterday early, but it was too cold to leave at 6:00 AM. Left at 8:30 and it was still chilly. Had to stop a lot to my hands  warm up.

Leaves and foliage in the valleys have begun to turn yellow and red as Autumn starts....

IMG_7130.JPG

IMG_7137.JPG

IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7139.JPG

• Like 4

500 miles later and I'm in Dubois, Wyoming. Most of the hotels I passed today were already closed for the winter, but the Stagecoach Inn was still open - so I landed here for the night.

Crap room with stained furniture but they do have an arch made out of animal antlers out by the pool, so I got that going for me.......

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7143.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

IMG_7145.JPG

IMG_7146.JPG

• Like 4

Yesterday I went through Yellowstone National Park without stopping or taking one picture. There was so much wildfire smoke in the air that you could barely see. Hopefully today will be better as I wind my way across Wyoming and back into Colorado.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Earache said:

Yesterday I went through Yellowstone National Park without stopping or taking one picture. There was so much wildfire smoke in the air that you could barely see. Hopefully today will be better as I wind my way across Wyoming and back into Colorado.

Is your mate still with you Eric?

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Is your mate still with you Eric?

No - I met him in Great Falls, Montana and left him there yesterday. He's attending a conference there for work this week. He'll begin draggin' his bike on a trailer (needs a van) back to Kansas City, Missouri later today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earache said:

500 miles later and I'm in Dubois, Wyoming. Most of the hotels I passed today were already closed for the winter, but the Stagecoach Inn was still open - so I landed here for the night.

Crap room with stained furniture but they do have an arch made out of animal antlers out by the pool, so I got that going for me.......

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7143.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

IMG_7145.JPG

IMG_7146.JPG

Someone was tortured on that chair!

• Haha 3

Woke up Thursday to cold temperatures and cloudy skies - but had to leave as I needed to be home.

The red sandstone bluffs outside of town looked really cool as the rising Sun  hit them......

IMG_7151.JPG

IMG_7152.JPG

IMG_7156.JPG

• Like 7

I kept thinking that there would be something over that next rise in the distance - but there never was. Just another rise off in the  distance.

I did about 20 miles of rock road to see where it went.... and it kept going...

IMG_7166.JPG

IMG_7167.JPG

IMG_7168.JPG

IMG_7169.JPG

• Like 6