First Ride of 2021...sorta

Earache

It was sunny and 45F (7C) out and I just put new tires on the scooter. So I set off on a short ride. Couldn't believe I could ride in March here - a first for me.

Naturally, the Sun disappeared as soon as I got the bike out and it got cold again. So I just did about 25 miles around the 'hood.....

IMG_4473.JPG

IMG_4475.JPG

IMG_4476.JPG

• Like 3

Roads were mostly clear in the sunny areas, but north facing areas in the shade had snow pack. So I had to dog paddle across a few of those areas. Temps dropped to about 34F (1C) so I steered for home. It's gonna have to get a lot warmer before I head out again...

IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Great to see you back out again @Earache........the end of all this shit is in sight!

We're expecting a major snow storm later this week, so I'm done riding again for a few weeks.

The Covid stuff is pretty much over here - most things are back to normal... at least until it flares up again. I've had my shots, so I should be good.

• Like 1

1º and no sun is a cold place to be on a motorcycle. Nice effort, I bet the short ride still felt good.

The road looks amazingly dry for so much ice and snow around it, is it salted?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pedro said:

The road looks amazingly dry for so much ice and snow around it, is it salted?

No - no salt, no grit, nada.

That area was at 12,000 feet elevation and the Sun melts snow off of the pavement pretty quickly. Shaded areas were packed with 6-8" of snow and ice. It's just too early to get out to ride much - just gonna have to wait another month or two before I can actually go anywhere on a bike.

1 hour ago, Earache said:

No - no salt, no grit, nada.

That area was at 12,000 feet elevation and the Sun melts snow off of the pavement pretty quickly. Shaded areas were packed with 6-8" of snow and ice. It's just too early to get out to ride much - just gonna have to wait another month or two before I can actually go anywhere on a bike.

Still.....it's great to get out though Eric?

Just got to grab what you can this time of year!

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Still.....it's great to get out though Eric?

Just got to grab what you can this time of year!

Yup. I'll be wishing for yesterday's weather if the forecast is accurate...https://www.outtherecolorado.com/news/five-plus-feet-of-snow-could-land-in-colorado-in-upcoming-days/article_6ee3f61a-802a-11eb-b716-9f8cf86c5a13.html

16 minutes ago, Earache said:

Damn......that's going to screw things up.

And it looks like we've finally turned the corner here after the worst Winter Spain has ever known!

246321648_Screenshot2021-03-09192513.jpg.638ddf9d0b78cda1e2dacf65dd99e76f.jpg

• Like 2