Rocky Mountain National Park Ride

Earache

I hate it when people post rides that aren't very current. But due ti the current weather conditions, it's all I can do. So here's a lap of RMNP from 2 years ago.

Did the ride with my buddy from Ireland, Aidan Brown. He sadly passed away in a bike accident in Ireland shortly after this trip.....

IMG_4346.JPG

IMG_4347.JPG

• Like 2

We humped back to my house and then into Central City for the annual Madam Lou Bunch Bed Races.

Lou Bunch was a famous whore in the area back in the gold rush days. So now we celebrate her by having women dress up like whores and push them down the street in beds. Weird, I'll give ya that - but raises some cash for charity and is an excuse for day drinking on the streets...

IMG_5515.JPG

IMG_5516.JPG

IMG_5534.JPG

IMG_5537.JPG

IMG_5538.JPG

IMG_5544.JPG

• Like 3

From what I've read it does seem those national parks' roads are indeed great but very heavy slow traffic. What time of year was that?

Great views, as always great scenery!

And yes, the old madam celebratory march is a little weird, but it makes sense in a mardi gras kind of way. Let loose and get rid of your fantasies kind of thing.

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

No......I think the two in the front of the Parade need a bit a bit of Welsh input! :littleguy:

More like the tourist blocking the view!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

From what I've read it does seem those national parks' roads are indeed great but very heavy slow traffic. What time of year was that?

June or July - height of the tourist season.

I cross the Park (to get to the other side) early in the mornings when I have to. It's not too bad then. The western side of the Park has little or no traffic - only the east side does as it's closer to a town (Estes Park, CO). Western portal of the Park empties into a barren area devoid of towns.