Gear review: Arai Ram X

Tym

My first impressions are this is the finest helmet i have ever worn. Light, wind doesnt seem to exist and lets  less noise in then my other Arai's.

It seems to defy logic by being as warm in cold weather as my other full face lids and fogging isnt a big deal

even without the stupid pinhead pinlock thing never installed. Being an open face i get to act like

a human with other humans, people want to see faces, an open face,

Is a happy face!

:wave:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tym said:

My first impressions are this is the finest helmet i have ever worn. Light, wind doesnt seem to exist and lets  less noise in then my other Arai's.

It seems to defy logic by being as warm in cold weather as my other full face lids and fogging isnt a big deal

even without the stupid pinhead pinlock thing never installed. Being an open face i get to act like

a human with other humans, people want to see faces, an open face,

Is a happy face!

:wave:

Where's the pic.......you're not doing a @Buckster here are you? :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

I have a cheap open face helmet in the Algarve for going to the beach on and just leaving it on the sand. Being that I ride there in shorts and t-shirt I think it would be a little hypocritical of me to bother with an expensive lid. :classic_laugh:

I would love a proper one like that for touring around, but I would need one with a shield that covers all my face because with he small windscreen I have on the GS I get full blast of wind as far down as my chin, I stopped wanting to ride with my helmet open above 100kmh since I got that screen.

6 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

Sounds to me like you should change that screen.
Me, I'd experiment with a Laminar Lip.

I changed to a small screen from the original huge one specifically to get a better view with less clutter in my eye sight, but also to make the bike less hot in summer. I can't imagine having those two things with less wind blast.

• Like 1

Took some pics to compare size, all helmets are Arai. Top stair 1990 signet, middle 2003 XD and 2008ish i forget Corsair. lower stair new this year Ram(sic) :classic_rolleyes:

_DSC0443.thumb.JPG.c1fe0ac837670d9fbf400e125055cf41.JPG

_DSC0444.thumb.JPG.260a1aa1f09a014bb953a9aaeadee9f1.JPG

_DSC0445.thumb.JPG.0037e7f2eb101164eff5de8445eb4452.JPG

_DSC0446.thumb.JPG.3bf4052c6ee0e4b42090d86b2571c3f3.JPG

• Like 2