Gnomeworks starts again!

Gnomad

one of life's simple pleasures was taking a motorcycle turd and polishing it to my liking, and it's been a while since I had the bug in a big way. Mostly because we moved and bought a house that has been an ongoing project since we moved in and is still demanding some work, but here in the lesser 48 the project bike market is much larger than in Alaska and it's finally game on!

Picked up this ummmm, BSA as it is recorded on the title, with several tubs of various bike parts, mostly from a Honda CM400 it appears. The motor is the same as the CM400 I rescued many years ago and that we still have,  it's now pretty the spare bike. 

I've always had a desire to build a chopper, and here is the start!

chopper1.jpg

• Like 3

It's my heritage! Kinda.

I like a minimal style of bike and the original "chopper" was from the days when you would chop off anything everything that was deemed  unnecessary . Much like a Cafe bike, but more straight line or flat track.  A true chopper is as individual as you like, no rules, annd......the frame and parts were only $250 and thats a cheap start.

You can actually build a nice checkbook chopper right out of the catalog, but I'm too cheap for that

• Like 1

For most people yes. From my experience with the CM400 we have I know the engine has plenty of power for a low speed/high drag application like a chopper. The engine is rated at 43 horsepowers, compared to an old Sportster motor at 55 ponies or a Triumph twin at 52. Close enough for a chopper and the CM 400 is lighter and more compact.