What a difference two weeks makes!

XTreme

I brought the Beemer home two weeks ago yesterday.....and I could see the chrome was going to need some attention.

That's because polishing can be hard work......and as the Dagos have a genetic predisposition to avoid the aforementioned hard work......I knew it was going to take time.

There's still a long way to go to restore it to a standard that I consider acceptable......but you can visibly see a difference in two weeks!

Look at the rear silencer and the pipe in the first pic (2 weeks ago), then compare it to the second pic (today).

473-min.jpg

474-min.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

you're the only person I know who buys a bike from a shop, makes it better than it was when you bought it and then Px's it for another one. they probably sell them on for more than you paid for it.  I bet you're his favorite customer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

I have mixed emotions here. Good work but......If you took the bloody cans off and ran it through a buffer you could have had a mirror finish within 10 minutes a can. You dont half like making work for yourself. Spokes are the real bastid.

You clean them with a long boot lace, so I'm told :classic_laugh:

51 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

I have mixed emotions here. Good work but......If you took the bloody cans off and ran it through a buffer you could have had a mirror finish within 10 minutes a can. You dont half like making work for yourself. Spokes are the real bastid.

I can't even take a bar end bolt off.......and I don't have a Buffer! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MooN said:

you're the only person I know who buys a bike from a shop, makes it better than it was when you bought it and then Px's it for another one. they probably sell them on for more than you paid for it.  I bet you're his favorite customer 

I paid €3.5K for the Strom from a dealer in Almeria......15 months and 7k kms later I got €3.5K back in part ex from a dealer in Granada......and it's now back up for sale HERE at €4.4K.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I paid €3.5K for the Strom from a dealer in Almeria......15 months and 7k kms later I got €3.5K back in part ex from a dealer in Granada......and it's now back up for sale HERE at €4.4K.

I'm not saying your bike wasn't super clean, but bikes have been selling like hotcakes since the first time cities started going out of confinement.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'm not saying your bike wasn't super clean, but bikes have been selling like hotcakes since the first time cities started going out of confinement.

Particularly trail/adventure bikes.......there's not much left in Granada, Almeria, or Murcia now for less than €5K.

Beemers don't stay in showrooms long......they seem to be outselling all the others by a very wide margin.

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Particularly trail/adventure bikes.......there's not much left in Granada, Almeria, or Murcia now for less than €5K.

Beemers don't stay in showrooms long......they seem to be outselling all the others by a very wide margin.

I was talking to a guy the other day, who is a little involved with a Honda / BMW dealership, and he says people don't even care much about the spec of the bike they're buying as long as it's there and ready for the next day as long as finance is available. We're talking all price ranges, which to me is insane.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I was talking to a guy the other day, who is a little involved with a Honda / BMW dealership, and he says people don't even care much about the spec of the bike they're buying as long as it's there and ready for the next day as long as finance is available. We're talking all price ranges, which to me is insane.

Yeh.....people came out of lockdown and went berserk!

It was like......"Well I might die of Covid.......so I'm getting a fucking Beemer while I still can! Who cares how much the payments are......I ain't going to be around to pay them anyway!" :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh.....people came out of lockdown and went berserk!

It was like......"Well I might die of Covid.......so I'm getting a fucking Beemer while I still can! Who cares how much the payments are......I ain't going to be around to pay them anyway!" :classic_laugh:

That's pretty much it, except here in Portugal finance for buying a BMW is usually way easier than other brands, that's why there are so many GSs on the streets here. People pay 220€ a month for a big GSA while for the same amount over at Honda they walk out with an NC500 or 750. Who cares how many payments, or if the final finance amount is huge, but they will either trade up for another one and carry on paying the same or just refinance the final payment. They end up spending 8 or 10 years paying for a bike that they use on some weekends just because you just have to have a BMW GS with cookie boxes for luggage.

I know of a guy that just trades bikes before they get to 2 years old, he spends 1500 to 2000 every two years making the trade, and just keeps paying the same monthly payment. Somewhere there is a fool bigger than him buying a two year old bike, but only paying 1500 or 2000 less than full 25000 ticket price on a new bike.

Even though this is how things are, it just doesn't make sense how they can unload all those used bikes on the market for such expensive prices, or why people wish to commit to so many payments on a bike. Unless it's a work vehicle, you buy it and you ride it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

I knew it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2