Northern Colorado

Earache

Had a friend in from Washiungton state, he stopped over night befoire heading north to Montana. I agreed to take him as far north as I could before having to head back home.

First stop was the rock church in Allenspark. Built around 120 years ago, dunno why it's out in the midst of nothing. Didn't want to get any closer; afraid of lightning strikes, etc...

IMG_3004.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

• Like 5

Railed on for a bit as we were in a bit of a hurry. Next stop was Masonville at the Masonville Store. Odd place; they sell antique / vintage women's clothing and beer. Can't quite figure that one out.

Weird biker sculpture across the street...

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_3010.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

IMG_3012.JPG

• Like 5

At this point we were about 240 miles from my house. I needed to turn around and head back while Larry headed north. Stopped by an old trading post, but it was clsoed...

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

• Like 5

Stopped by a lake and did some light off roading to get down to it's shore. After these pics, it was time to quit fuckin' around and haul for home...

IMG_3029.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3039.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

Thanks for the report. I really miss riding those roads.
It made me very nostalgic for the Hinckleyville, the K100, the CB750, the ELR ZRX, and even the K1200 LuxuryTruck.

Come on up for some riding someime - not that far away.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Fantastic Eric! And that's a strange looking old church!

They had it locked up due to Covid-19, it's usually open. Very spartan inside and not very big at all.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2020 at 10:41, boboneleg said:

Who pays for the upkeep of that church ?  It hardly looks like it's an area with a huge congregation ?

No idea. I've been by there on a Sunday morning and there's not really anyone there. No towns of any size nearby, either.

It's a Catholic church though, real name is  Saint Catherine of Siena Chapel. So I assume whatever archdiocese that covers Colorado takes care of it. It's well kept though.

• Like 1