18650 battery pack

Right my cheapie chinky tyre pump’s battery has died.     It’s been bloody useful so I would like to replace the battery pack if I can get one economically.   

It’s a 3 cell 18650 pack with what I believe is a JST 4wire charging and output plug.   Anyone know of a vendor.   I have been looking at the usual places.   

For reference the pump itself was only £19 so I don’t want to spend a hellofva lot fixing it.   Before you say it yes I could make my own but I don’t have a mini spot welder and can’t really be assed.   I just want to plug in a new pack or bin it all.   I have bought a Bosch replacement but if I could fix the old one it would be good.  

IMG_2434.thumb.jpeg.b35787c19582de8ccf4fcfc9df775d26.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Saul said:

Right my cheapie chinky tyre pump’s battery has died.     It’s been bloody useful so I would like to replace the battery pack if I can get one economically.   

It’s a 3 cell 18650 pack with what I believe is a JST 4wire charging and output plug.   Anyone know of a vendor.   I have been looking at the usual places.   

For reference the pump itself was only £19 so I don’t want to spend a hellofva lot fixing it.   Before you say it yes I could make my own but I don’t have a mini spot welder and can’t really be assed.   I just want to plug in a new pack or bin it all.   I have bought a Bosch replacement but if I could fix the old one it would be good.  

Might not make economical sense, but I would take that to a radiocontrol car shop if you want someone to replace the batteries or find a similar unit.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Saul said:

When mine buggered up i just put a lead on it to connect to the battery via the fag outlet works great now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

When mine buggered up i just put a lead on it to connect to the battery via the fag outlet works great now

Yeah that is a possibility, but I have got a decent fag light compressor though.    I think @Pedro hit the nail on the head though, it's probably not going to be worth the money to replace it.  If I had a mini spot welder I have the 18650 cells to do the job but its daft to spend £100 on one just to be able to fix a bit of chinese tat.   

• Like 1

Just now, Saul said:

Yeah that is a possibility, but I have got a decent fag light compressor though.    I think @Pedro hit the nail on the head though, it's probably not going to be worth the money to replace it.  If I had a mini spot welder I have the 18650 cells to do the job but its daft to spend £100 on one just to be able to fix a bit of chinese tat.   

That's why i converted mine i had everything here so cost nothing but some time and it would have been a shame to throw it out as its a good pump

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's why i converted mine i had everything here so cost nothing but some time and it would have been a shame to throw it out as its a good pump

See it's that sort of mindset that has given me 3 sheds and a loft full of stuff to good to throw away.  🤣

• Haha 3