CB500X hits the deck in Morocco

XTreme

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Something for @Pedro

This is a mate of mine who's doing a trip to Morocco on a CB500X......he just messaged me with his latest vid!

From Boumalne, if he goes north to Imilchil it’s a great road with some nice offroad. Then from Imilchil go East all the way on the mountains to Midelt or Zaida, again very cool. Then North to Tangiers, that’s a way to enjoy coming back North if there are still no snow on the tallest bits.

You have to respect those roads, after October you don’t know what the rains and floods did to them, though, and to push when you’re clearly struggling isn’t smart, having said that those places are less deserted than they look, 20 minutes and there’s always someone around to help.

Don’t film your bike when down, it’s disrespectful to it, and mainly you’re wasting the adrenaline from the crash, it will help you pick it up but wears down fast. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Pedro said:

From Boumalne, if he goes north to Imilchil it’s a great road with some nice offroad. Then from Imilchil go East all the way on the mountains to Midelt or Zaida, again very cool. Then North to Tangiers, that’s a way to enjoy coming back North if there are still no snow on the tallest bits.

You have to respect those roads, after October you don’t know what the rains and floods did to them, though, and to push when you’re clearly struggling isn’t smart, having said that those places are less deserted than they look, 20 minutes and there’s always someone around to help.

Don’t film your bike when down, it’s disrespectful to it, and mainly you’re wasting the adrenaline from the crash, it will help you pick it up but wears down fast. 

I cringed when I saw the damage to the bike......though it could have been worse obviously.

• Like 2