Moto GP - wtf are the Jap manufacturers doing ?

boboneleg

So for a while now the Japs have been nowhere is MotoGP, what is going on ? 

The Ducati's remain dominant and on Sunday at Silverstone three out of the top five riders were on Aprilia's . The best finish for a Jap bike was Franco Morbidelli in 14th place :classic_blink:

Suzuki have pulled out all together, I suspect because they realised the European bikes were so dominant.  The Honda's are unrideable with two ex world champions crashing out again and the Yamaha's are no faster than my mates Fazer 900.

No presence in Moto GP usually equates to no more technology filtering down to the bikes we ride so is that it for the Japs ?  Will we soon all be riding bikes from the likes of Ducati, Aprilia, KTM and Gas Gas ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

So for a while now the Japs have been nowhere is MotoGP, what is going on ? 

The Ducati's remain dominant and on Sunday at Silverstone three out of the top five riders were on Aprilia's . The best finish for a Jap bike was Franco Morbidelli in 14th place :classic_blink:

Suzuki have pulled out all together, I suspect because they realised the European bikes were so dominant.  The Honda's are unrideable with two ex world champions crashing out again and the Yamaha's are no faster than my mates Fazer 900.

No presence in Moto GP usually equates to no more technology filtering down to the bikes we ride so is that it for the Japs ?  Will we soon all be riding bikes from the likes of Ducati, Aprilia, KTM and Gas Gas ?

I've never seen the likes of this before, as the Japs (mainly Honda and Yamaha) have been dominant for 50 years.

I think that with Yamaha losing Rossi and Lorenzo, and with Honda losing Marquez and Pedrosa, they not only lost elite racers, but top notch development riders as well.

• Like 1

Ducati went in and got their mentality from Audi, which are masters in creating dominating machines. Biggest number of bikes on track means they get 3 or 4 times more data to study than everyone else.

It’ll be the Audi R8 of the moto GP, no Audi R8 ever stopped at LeMans, while still dominating on pace.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Marquez is still with Honda , he crashed again on Sunday but I reckon he'll be gone to another team by next year .

I know he's still with Honda, but hasn't been active on a regular basis for 3 years now!

When he was riding permanently the bike was built around him......since then the input has vanished.

Plus, it doesn't look like he'll ever be back to what he was.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marcel said:

I think what's happening is all of the Japs riders are refusing to wear butt plugs ...

VR46 has retired.....so they're not at any risk of him coming from behind!