Suzuki ER185

Saul

I had one of the last TS250ER , local shop was selling them off cheap as the new model was arriving soon, I paid £679 on the road.  I wouldn't want one now though, although it never let me down they were very cheaply made.  Brittle plastics, 6V electrics , dodgy wiring and some other stuff that I can't recall now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I had one of the last TS250ER , local shop was selling them off cheap as the new model was arriving soon, I paid £679 on the road.  I wouldn't want one now though, although it never let me down they were very cheaply made.  Brittle plastics, 6V electrics , dodgy wiring and some other stuff that I can't recall now.

All true as I remember but nostalgia is a strong emotion.   🤣👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

All true as I remember but nostalgia is a strong emotion.   🤣👍

Yep, I like looking at them but modern bikes are sooooooooooo much better to ride.  The good thing about those old bikes is they were so easy to work on 👍

• Like 2

I wouldn't really know mate I haven't had a modern dirt bike, but I do remember my ER was tough and easy to fix, not as capable as my mates DT175 but less highly strung.   I think if I was seriously thinking of buying something like that I would look at a Beta Alp 200 or similar, don't think it will happen but it's nice to have a plan.  😉

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Brittle plastics, 6V electrics , dodgy wiring

Suzuki have rectified the 6v electrics since though. They're still working on the rest as I understand it. :classic_unsure:

And you can also add bad welding to the list as well.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I had similar thoughts when i was looking at a DT175 in CMC last week but the bike looked tiny and back then i was around 10 stone i think my muscular 16 stone frame now would crush it LOL

That's something I hadn't thought of 🤣

• Haha 1