What a difference a week makes!

XTreme

I was just checking the stats and we've now got 67 user accounts!

That's good going in one week given the fact that we're up against Facebook, which now dominates peoples' lives. So the results so far are better than I expected, and hopefully we can continue like this.

It was never going to be easy because the world has changed a lot since DSUK was launched in 2004.......but with your support we can keep building on what we've started. So do whatever you can to get the word out wherever you can! FB bike groups are a good place to promote the site......if you can get away with it of course!

And also try to make new members feel as welcome as possible by interacting with them wherever possible. It helps to build a community spirit and that's what draws people in! We have to avoid the insular clique mentality that you see on some forums.....long term, that's the kiss of death!

If you have any ideas to develop and improve the place then just shout them out. If it's doable then we'll implement it! As I said at the outset, this place costs peanuts to run because I have all the resources available. So costs are not an issue, and I doubt any other forum out there can say that!

But this site can only exist as long as people want to participate in it. It's the people that make the site what it is! So keep supporting and keep recruiting new members! Cheers everybody!

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

I was just checking the stats and we've now got 67 user accounts!

That's good going in one week given the fact that we're up against Facebook, which now dominates peoples' lives. So the results so far are better than I expected, and hopefully we can continue like this.

It was never going to be easy because the world has changed a lot since DSUK was launched in 2004.......but with your support we can keep building on what we've started. So do whatever you can to get the word out wherever you can! FB bike groups are a good place to promote the site......if you can get away with it of course!

And also try to make new members feel as welcome as possible by interacting with them wherever possible. It helps to build a community spirit and that's what draws people in! We have to avoid the insular clique mentality that you see on some forums.....long term, that's the kiss of death!

If you have any ideas to develop and improve the place then just shout them out. If it's doable then we'll implement it! As I said at the outset, this place costs peanuts to run because I have all the resources available. So costs are not an issue, and I doubt any other forum out there can say that!

But this site can only exist as long as people want to participate in it. It's the people that make the site what it is! So keep supporting and keep recruiting new members! Cheers everybody!

Can we post long, very long stories of trips and funny or special moments?  Can be in episodes, so  not tire you to much. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Can we post long, very long stories of trips and funny or special moments?  Can be in episodes, so  not tire you to much. 

Absolutely @Sofia........you post up whatever you want! ?