Trip West 2021

Earache

Although fast isn’t really my thing, those deserted straights really have some attraction to them, the pull of the desert and all that.

• Like 1

Forgot thsi one. @Pedro mighjt like it.

Stopped at a hole in the wall place for dinner last night. Debbie and Todd ordered some of their finest wine. It was severed in a full pint beer glass. Stay classy, Nevada!

wine.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Earache said:

Forgot thsi one. @Pedro mighjt like it.

Stopped at a hole in the wall place for dinner last night. Debbie and Todd ordered some of their finest wine. It was severed in a full pint beer glass. Stay classy, Nevada!

wine.jpg

Value for money right there! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant Eric! How high were the temps?

And the decor in that motel was something else wasn't it? 

95F / 35C temps = warm enough for me!

Room looked like someone puked on the walls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/05/2021 at 13:21, Earache said:

200 miles between fuel stations nearly caught me out - made it with 13 miles to spare..

IMG_5230.JPG

I put £21 of fuel into mine yesterday, that's a record amount for a bike of mine. I'd done about 180 miles since the previous fill up. In my early riding days I used to keep a £5 note under the seat so if I was ever potless far from home I'd be able to buy enough fuel to get back. That wouldn't get me to work one way nowadays.

I moved my display about to get the things I wanted on my main display, which in my case was trip 1, engine temp and outside temp on screen 1, with trip 2, mpg average and current on screen 2. When I changed the battery the other day I was afraid it would all reset back to how it was, but it stayed the same, just zeroed all the trips, clock etc.

• Like 1

.Slept overnight at a really nice hotel in downtown San Francisco courtesy of my wife's company. Best hotel of the trip. They opened up a locked bar area and let us grab what we wanted.  Bar and restaurant still closed due to Covid. Up the next day and headed north. Passed some little red bridge....

IMG_5333.JPG

IMG_5334.JPG

IMG_5338.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

IMG_5341.JPG

IMG_5343.JPG

• Like 3

After SFO, we're on the coastal road leading to northern Cali.

The temps dropped dramatically and there's a constant on shore sea breeze mixed with bright sun. Hard to beat the weather....

IMG_5346.JPG

IMG_5349.JPG

IMG_5350.JPG

IMG_5351.JPG

IMG_5352.JPG

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5355.JPG

IMG_5356.JPG

• Like 2