What famous riders have you met in person

Mess

He is a really nice guy in person.Very down to earth. I consider myself very privileged to have him as a instructor By day two he had shaved almost 8 seconds off my lap times. 

I've been very lucky and have met some greats. Mainly due to being friends with Danny Walker. He has invited me to 7 different American Supercamp, Road race Factory, flat track and supermoto schools over the years. I've been lucky to have ridden with or had as instructors Josh Hayes, Chris Carr, Nicky Hayden, JD Beach and Eric Bostrom.  JD Beach was only 12 years old the first time i rode with him on a track. The kid was just an amazing natural rider. He left all of us in his dust. he was so small he had to use a step stool to get on his bike. The kid was unbelievable.

• Like 1

Is that Kevin Schwantz? You can't start a thread like this and slap Kevin Schwantz on the first post!

I know Andy Carlile, of Nordschleife fame. I think he might only be famous to me around here, though. He's a mate, and is the fastest guy on a bike around the Nordschleife.

I met Paulo Gonçalves once as well, a portuguese star who lost his life on the last Dakar.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Specs said:

I nearly knocked Guy Martin off his paddock push-bike once. He apologised! Does that count?

I had a wee at the next urinal with him last year I think it was. He was riding a super long chopper (a motorcycle, not his todger) around a speedway track against a load of other stretched out bikes.

I have also raced against Chris Walker and James Toesland in a fun Enduro run by a friend of mine. The idea was you shared a bike with another person and took turns riding and could swap at any time, they were a team together. I only came 10 places behind them, which sounds good but I should point out there were only 11 teams.  I was on my DR350, my mate did the first lap, came back all purple faced and breathless then when I jumped on and tried to ride off I discovered the gear lever was all curly shaped. He insisted he hadn't fell off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2