a question for boboneleg

skyrider

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've been trying to get in touch with a company that make electric start kits for the 400 and 650r  located in Poland. the mechanical part can be fitted in 30 minutes just leaving you the wiring to fit I've messaged them but they haven't got back to me. 

https://www.facebook.com/314380265706363/posts/sweet-option-for-honda-xr-400r-electric-start-kitall-parts-for-engine-and-12-dc-/679746072503112/

Are they in warsaw? Can you get a non facebook link?

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Are they in warsaw? Can you get a non facebook link?

I haven't tried that hard @Pedro i'm just thinking of future proofing the bike, there's going to come a time when i cant kick start this could keep me on it 

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I haven't tried that hard @Pedro i'm just thinking of future proofing the bike, there's going to come a time when i cant kick start this could keep me on it 

My brother knows a couple of guys in Warsaw, if you really want one I could ask if they could get it and ship it over.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

My brother knows a couple of guys in Warsaw, if you really want one I could ask if they could get it and ship it over.

Thanks @Pedro i'm going to find out as much as i can about how reliable the kit is and will spares be available in the future before i make a decision. According to their page they do ship to the  UK

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Thanks @Pedro i'm going to find out as much as i can about how reliable the kit is and will spares be available in the future before i make a decision. According to their page they do ship to the  UK

Can you no longer fit a TRX starter? I think I remember reading that the Honda quads used to share the same exact engine and you could adapt the starter engine to the motorcycle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Can you no longer fit a TRX starter? I think I remember reading that the Honda quads used to share the same exact engine and you could adapt the starter engine to the motorcycle.

Yes but you have to split the crankcase to change the crank or use the TRX motor but their like rocking horse shit I've been looking out for one for years but i have never seen one for sale, their farm quads here but the farmers wont sell anything. That was the same with the XR's only kit as well
This kit from Poland is just change the flywheel and cover and its done 

43 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes but you have to split the crankcase to change the crank or use the TRX motor but their like rocking horse shit I've been looking out for one for years but i have never seen one for sale, their farm quads here but the farmers wont sell anything
This kit from Poland is just change the flywheel and cover and its done 

Makes sense, good luck with the Polish then!

• Like 1