Ride out to Castell de Castells

DangerRuss58

It would seem while we have the weather and the restrictions still allow we are are riding every Wednesday. now last Wednesday I managed to go round a roundabout the wrong way this week I managed to lose the group and get totally lost, The meeting place was a petrol station just outside the town of Sax which is around 92 km from my home, had to be there by 10am so an early start, and this time I left filling up the tank till I arrived at the meeting point. this proved not to be my best decision of the day as with over 40km to go the fuel light was flashing like mad at me and when I did fill her up she took just over 20 litres on a 23 litre tank, cutting it close. On the trip to the petrol station I used my SJ8 pro action cam as I had been having trouble with the sound from it and if you watch the vid I still was, I think I have sorted it out now along with the frame rate and sharpness. We set off in pairs as per the restrictions here and about half way to the destination while going through a town I noticed a police car so I hung back so as not to give the impression we were all travelling together, the problem was there was a roundabout and two junctions where I had no idea which way they had gone as I had lost sight of them, I was then stopped by two very nice policemen on motorbikes to have a little chat there job was to try and talk to bikers and just calm them down a bit as there had been too many incidents on the mountains roads since the weather had improved. The only thing I could do was to put in  the destination in the sat nav and try to catch up with the other three which I did I waited just outside Castell de Castells on the CV709 and 30 minutes later they turned up, we then made our way to a rest stop which looked remarkably like a closed camp site, From that point on I used my go-pro which now seems to be behaving itself.....Roll on next Wednesday god knows what's going to go wrong then!! 1000km clocked p in 3 weeks so far, bike is in for its annual service in a weeks time better be back by Wednesday....Just did a google search and the campsite is  "Zona Recreativa El Castellet" looks like its been closed for a while??

IMG_9952.JPG

IMG_9953.JPG

IMG_9954.JPG

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DangerRuss58 said:

last Wednesday I managed to go round a roundabout the wrong way this week I managed to lose the group and get totally lost,

:classic_laugh:

I don't know how you manage it Russ! Have you always been this disaster prone?

Nice run by the way......we still ain't got the weather! And even if we had, we still can't leave the town perimeters! :classic_sad:

12 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

Why are stop signs in Spain mainly in plain Engleesh?image.png.5607a7af5d3d637523c7d5111adff1c2.png

They have trouble enough with the way you are supposed to go around roundabouts or use the correct lane on the road, if Europe starts putting on different words on traffic signs it would be carnage. Buses full with children and nuns would crash, do you want that?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

Aah... NOW I understand.
Continental Arrogance...

I found it strange as well, at the bottom of my road they have the word STOP painted on the junction and not Detener, I have asked the locals and no-one can give me an answer????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, DangerRuss58 said:

I found it strange as well, at the bottom of my road they have the word STOP painted on the junction and not Detener, I have asked the locals and no-one can give me an answer????

Is it some sort of standardisation of safety warnings by the EU?

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Is it some sort of standardisation of safety warnings by the EU?

Not by the EU, I think it goes back to the fifties or sixties when a UN related conference tried to get a lot of countries around the world to use similar traffic signs. I imagine not so much the letters saying "stop" but the shape and colors of the signs.

Yes, just looked it up. Viena in 1969, on a UN conference.

Don't know why they are in english in Spain and Portugal, though, maybe because cars arrived in Portugal later than in England or France and it maybe made sense to use the same signs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_Convention_on_Road_Signs_and_Signals#Road_signs

• Like 2