First Weekend in February!

XTreme

2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

The dinghy or the tender you can go wild in. How hard are they? Well, motorcyclists are at a huge massive disadvantage because you treat the throttle tiller like it was a bike handlebar.  The revs dont drop simple because you released the throttle, you actually have to twist it down. Easy peasy, lets see just how many of you take it to full chat and when she comes on song shit yourself when it starts climbing out the water onto the prop, let go the throttle and shit yourself some more as you keep speeding up. Ya. And they dont have brakes neither. ?

Sounds like fun, I don't scare easily so bring it on roger

I couldn't help myself....  ?

Sure it was raining and only 5 degrees out...

Sure I only had 75km on new sport tires...

But Charlotte did great in the not so ideal conditions, she is just a gem and we are two wet and happy girls! ?️?

58083990-AE00-4C10-9609-1390CCC6874C_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

But Charlotte did great in the not so ideal conditions, she is just a gem and we are two wet and happy girls! ?️?

now you will have to break out the soapy water and sponge ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Looks like you enjoyed yourselves, hope you didn't get too moist

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

No, I have a poncy fresh water flush system like they have on full size ships and aircraft. There is a pump that creates a vacuum in the shit tank so that when you flush it's not a lot of water flushing it down. Rather it sucks violently. Think of a potato cannon in reverse. If you've been a big blouse and used wodges and wodges of toilet paper you can block the pipe work. Only the blockage is held in by a very strong vacuum. When you break that seal all sorts can happen.

The bonus of the system is there is no sewer stink to the boat, but you'll need instruction on how to use it. People dont get it from the off.

So you have a dump......cut the log in to nice easy to digest pieces then use one square of shit roll to wipe with?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I've not measured top speed yet, I bail and get too nervous. But lets put it this way. I dropped a Atlantic class RNLI RIB for dead when they were attending a callout to stranded walkers on the sandbanks when the tide came back in. After some more trials I want to prop her for towing toys so will limit the speed to around the high twenties. I think at the moment she is around 40 knts. What you have to understand is that 17 knts on water in something that size will scare you if there are swells. They are so light the water feels like concrete

So they are like tipper trucks then in that they need some weight in them to ride properly 

4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I've not measured top speed yet, I bail and get too nervous. But lets put it this way. I dropped a Atlantic class RNLI RIB for dead when they were attending a callout to stranded walkers on the sandbanks when the tide came back in. After some more trials I want to prop her for towing toys so will limit the speed to around the high twenties. I think at the moment she is around 40 knts. What you have to understand is that 17 knts on water in something that size will scare you if there are swells. They are so light the water feels like concrete

how many galleons to the mile ?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bruce said:

@Bruce Yes i know how speed is totally different on water compared to land. When my dull mate first  had a boat i took it out off Penarth towards the Severn bridge there was a little swell there and when i wound it up it felt like i was doing 120 and smashing into the waves i thought it was going to break apart, then there was the debris to avoid floating in the water it was exciting stuff but we were only doing 35 knots

8 minutes ago, skyrider said:

how many galleons to the mile ?

The thing my mate had used almost 5 gallons of petrol to do about 16 mile on the way out and then we had to wait for the tide to turn to come back in because we would have run out of fuel going against the tide long before where we set off.

Its amazing how efficiency has progressed so far with cars, bikes and the like yet marine engines are still so woeful in terms of fuel consumption makes you wonder if its actually cars and bikes and the likes that are the main contributions to global warming and pollution problems 

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

And that was just a 3 cylinder outboard motor don't ask Bruce how much his cruiser does to the gallon its likely to send him into a depression :classic_laugh:

Though I think I will.....

So Bruce lets have some numbers up for consumption with the tender and cruiser

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

And that was just a 3 cylinder outboard motor don't ask Bruce how much his cruiser does to the gallon its likely to send him into a depression :classic_laugh:

if he starts thinking about it he might want to ring the samaritans

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Richzx6r said:

Its amazing how efficiency has progressed so far with cars, bikes and the like yet marine engines are still so woeful in terms of fuel consumption makes you wonder if its actually cars and bikes and the likes that are the main contributions to global warming and pollution problems 

Shhh don't go there you'll start Bruce off :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Worst bike i had for fuel was that old YZ490 i could get it down to 9 mpg when i was having fun 

Watch the needle when it hits 6K! 

It's still a rapid machine now.....but 50 years ago with no handling ability, poor brakes, crappy Jap tyres, and on occasions a few beers in you......it was a fasttrack to Death and Dismemberment!

• Like 2