Important! I need your help!

XTreme

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

You want to see the "whats best manual or DCT" posts on the CRF1000L group, there's usually three running side by side and every bloody time its the same questions and answers i made my mind up by getting off my arse and test riding it and i bought it because i liked it couldn't give a toss what some poll says or anybodies opinion lol

And join a Strom group and ask "Should I buy a Strom?"

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

And join a Strom group and ask "Should I buy a Strom?"

Or join the group and slag the bike off without even swinging a leg over it, get all their info from other non owners slagging it off because their bike is better  lol

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Just been looking through a few FB bike groups now.......continual posts going in, but it's mind numbing!

Very little of any interest.......just stupid questions like should I buy Bike A or Bike B.......and putting up a poll for it! WTF?

Do people spend 15 or 20K on a bike based on what a bunch of strangers voted for in an internet poll?

That's the thing. That sort of shit is tolerated these days, when years ago you'd get asked politely at first to do a search and not to duplicate. Repeat offenders got flamed. These days people sign up, don't even introduce themselves and then start asking stupid questions, rather than lurk and learn. The whole damn world has got lazier and dumbed down drastically in the space of a decade. All bikes have their issues and a decent forum will have exposed and solved most of them. Which means there'll likely be a thread explaining a problem and fix in great detail. That was the case on CarpeTDM.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Muddy said:

That's the thing. That sort of shit is tolerated these days, when years ago you'd get asked politely at first to do a search and not to duplicate. Repeat offenders got flamed. These days people sign up, don't even introduce themselves and then start asking stupid questions, rather than lurk and learn. The whole damn world has got lazier and dumbed down drastically in the space of a decade. All bikes have their issues and a decent forum will have exposed and solved most of them. Which means there'll likely be a thread explaining a problem and fix in great detail. That was the case on CarpeTDM.

The CCM groups on FB are good. Have loads of useful tips and they’ve kept a file system of relevant information. I think a lot of them are on other forums like most of us. 

• Like 1