The "I dint see you!" lie.

Tym

Since around 2003 when Tammy wired my high beam to shut off when her switch was "on", worked normal when "off". I have ridden my KLR without a headlight on in the daytime.

My forks are fine so i never used them on someone who wouldtell the cop, i dint see him! Bull chit! They see you, they just dont care! 

:banana121or: You!

So after all those years im changing up, and will be running DRL's on my KLR...why? Cause i got green ones now!

:dancebanana:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tym said:

Since around 2003 when Tammy wired my high beam to shut off when her switch was "on", worked normal when "off". I have ridden my KLR without a headlight on in the daytime.

My forks are fine so i never used them on someone who wouldtell the cop, i dint see him! Bull chit! They see you, they just dont care! 

:banana121or: You!

So after all those years im changing up, and will be running DRL's on my KLR...why? Cause i got green ones now!

:dancebanana:

I've always felt that if there were any bumps in the road it could look like you were flashing somebody out......so yes there are benefits to having lights on but there are also drawbacks.

As it is, all bikes here made since 2003 or thereabouts have permanent lights on, so there's no choice.

• Like 1

In Portugal, techincally daytime running leds like the BMW has aren't even legal, the law states you have to have your normal riding light on. I have used the DRL for 2 or 3 years before being aware of that, and nobody stopped me anyway.

Legal is a fluid thing, Connecticut hasnt wanted to take me to court for a traffic ticket since their horrible performane in court for when i got a ticket in my dad's v/8 mustang doing a darkie on I-95.

I was brilliant in court, to this day i've never had to go back, and they raised the 55mph speed limit to 65.

:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When you said green lights, I thought of the old school DTM cars, the E30 M3s with green and red tinted headlights, didn´t find any pictures of night driving but like so:

P90237187_highRes_the-bmw-m3-dtm-e30-0.thumb.jpg.a9024eb3e86942d4cd009c0dd2a230f0.jpg

I would aprove of a green vinyl over the KLR's light

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tym said:

Cant wait to drop a ford small block into that 3 in the back of my man cave, M this buddy....vroom...:banana121or:

I can see the appeal, but then again, it won't sound like an S14 should

Regardless, if you fit that M20 with an European spec head and a throttle body kit, you'll have something really sexy.

• Like 1