Getting Edgy!

XTreme

9 hours ago, Tym said:

Is this the new normal they were talking about? :classic_unsure:

Don't feel normal to me!

Thing is I love the Strom.......but my old knees aren't getting any better. I suppose I got to expect it.......in just over 3 years time I hit 70 FFS!  :classic_ohmy:

And with the places I get to now it usually involves some low speed manoeuvring around.......and I can feel the weight more than I ever did.

So I've got to think sensibly here!

4 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Is this when you start looking at 250 trailies again?

It could well be Bruce......I know I'll lose a lot on the open road, but I'm going to have to make compromises somewhere.

2 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

You may lose on acceleration but as you're not a rice queen I dont think you'll be giving up a lot. Tall enough, light, lowish CoG, what's not to like? Except the saddle. Looked a bit grim. Needed something a bit more plush. Dont know what it is about men but as I'm aging my bum has traded places with my belly. Looking around it seems to be commonplace. One would require a nicer saddle for sure.

Pity there's not a lot of choice about these days in the 250/400 class.

11 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

You know, I can kind of see you on a original Yam XT 500 thumper. You;ll have to learn all about points gap settings though :littleguy: Can be right fearsome otherwise, I know. :littleguy: But if you can find a minter they're awesome in just about every respect except brakes ?

I know all about points Bruce.......and I don't want to go back to old stuff.

I need modern stuff that just works! Set it and forget type of thing.

13 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

I wasn't insinuating you didn't but with that bike you need to be past master at it.  I know what you mean with new bikes but I just dont think they have any soul to them. A bike needs it's quirks and idiosyncrasies. How do you name them otherwise? Take Clive, he's discovering why his tigger was christened BlekBish ?

But as you know.....I don't do tools Bruce.

I just want to press a button and go Styling and Profiling! 

34 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

You know, I can kind of see you on a original Yam XT 500 thumper. You;ll have to learn all about points gap settings though :littleguy: Can be right fearsome otherwise, I know. :littleguy: But if you can find a minter they're awesome in just about every respect except brakes ?

s'funny I was going to say just that...

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The CB500X is an option.....25kg (55lbs) lighter than the Strom.

Yammy T7 maybe? Between the CB500X and the Strom in weight, fast enough, not an old fart's bike, etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Earache said:

Yammy T7 maybe? Between the CB500X and the Strom in weight, fast enough, not an old fart's bike, etc.

Ideally I need a much bigger reduction in weight than that Eric!