Physician heal thyself.

zzzak

About eight weeks ago I was patting the cat when I came across a bindi in his fur, these are a small thorn with bits that can break off which one of bit promptly did.

First my finger was uncomfortable, then it got annoying, then it swelled up and so I got a sharp blade to see if I could dig it out.

Didn't work, what I got was a small open wound, to wit, a pyogenic granuloma, went to doc, applied silver nitrate, said come back anytime, a week later I was back, more SN, back again for a double dose.

So as I was over silver nitrate he referred me to a surgeon, called about an appointment, said they would call me later on.

Entered pyogenic etc into search and found this.

I'm a big fan of traditional medicines as well as alternatives to other things such as curing arthritis if anyone is interested, more later maybe.

So I embarked on the cure, started with blood filled bandage, it wouldn't stop bleeding, removed bandage and liberally poured ground white pepper on it to try to stem the flow, that's the brownish mess, cleaned it up with a dunk in hydrogen peroxide and applied the salt, this is it after two days, last night I had to not only take an Advil (ibuprofen) but got up a bit later for a Tramadol, however that seems to have passed, still tender as but well on the way to a full cure, they say two weeks.

Photos are out of order, you'll figure it out.

thumbnail_20230730_083957.jpg

image_2023-08-06_155134238.png

2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well here we are on day three and what a remarkable result, last night was two ibuprofen and when they did SFA I had another Tramadol.

Woke up with it still sore and removed the bandage, this is great, it sure beats a 200k round trip and stitches.

I think that's the hole where the bindi bit was.

thumbnail_20230807_075740.jpg

• Sad 1

You bet it is, imagine how I feel, that little fucker was ruling my life via pain, now the pain is pretty well gone, ,still a bit tender but the internal pressure has gone, that little hole in the finger was where the bindi thorn was, the blood/body had surrounded it with a protective layer that was tender and I use that term lightly, this little fucker was keeping me awake at night, without Tramadol it would have been hard, luckily I have some, now it's basically fucked off, the salt dried up the weepage that I was experiencing and the skin (that was missing) grew back under the wound, looking at it I'd say four days max for a full recovery sans scars aussi.

Funnily enough I use ground white pepper for smaller cuts and scrapes, better than a Band Aid™ and lasts longer, so now I have salt to go with the pepper;

There's more twixt Salt and Pepper than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio.

1 minute ago, zzzak said:

You bet it is, imagine how I feel, that little fucker was ruling my life via pain, now the pain is pretty well gone, ,still a bit tender but the internal pressure has gone, that little hole in the finger was where the bindi thorn was, the blood/body had surrounded it with a protective layer that was tender and I use that term lightly, this little fucker was keeping me awake at night, without Tramadol it would have been hard, luckily I have some, now it's basically fucked off, the salt dried up the weepage that I was experiencing and the skin (that was missing) grew back under the wound, looking at it I'd say four days max for a full recovery sans scars aussi.

Funnily enough I use ground white pepper for smaller cuts and scrapes, better than a Band Aid™ and lasts longer, so now I have salt to go with the pepper;

There's more twixt Salt and Pepper than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio.

Why didn't the Doctor sort it out?

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Why didn't the Doctor sort it out?

He tried but his medicine was insufficient, he used silver nitrate that cauterizes the wound or it's supposed to, I had four treatments of it, nasty stuff, burns your skin to seal it off so that healing can commence or at least thats what it said on the tin, hurts like fuck as well.

His last option after I refused any more silver nitrate was surgery, cutting it out and then stitching it up, doesn't appeal to me, now by using my bonce I have fixed the problem in about four days using a found substance, ie salt.

Quite frankly this healing is something amazing, I must be in good shape to recover this fast at my age.

• Like 1