Amazon!

XTreme

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Got the fork mostly back together and the snap ring back in. Filled it with oil and waiting for it to settle before removing the excess. As usual, there is bloody oil everywhere, I'm like that Exxon Valdez when I get going, bird life will be wiped out for miles around my garage.

Jesus, I am sweating cobs. Wetter than a blindfolded lesbian in a fish market as they say in the posh end of town.

I've had a real fight getting the fork back into the yokes. I'm about 2mm short compared to the other one that has remained undisturbed and I can no longer get enough grip to twist or push the thing any further. I have decided to use gravity to assist. I am refitting the wheel and will bounce it on the brakes to see if it moves up a little before putting the pinch bolts back in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

Jesus, I am sweating cobs. Wetter than a blindfolded lesbian in a fish market as they say in the posh end of town.

I've had a real fight getting the fork back into the yokes. I'm about 2mm short compared to the other one that has remained undisturbed and I can no longer get enough grip to twist or push the thing any further. I have decided to use gravity to assist. I am refitting the wheel and will bounce it on the brakes to see if it moves up a little before putting the pinch bolts back in.

I understood nothing apart from the smell of fish!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I have a couple of wedges to tap into the split in the yokes. Couple of screwdrivers will work as good.

• Like 2