Wordy things

Grace (BikeHedonia)

Just finished reading Nikki Sixx's The Heroin Diaries. Goddamn they were rock stars. And a lot of it wasn't pretty. The book is supposedly about how bad it is to be a junkie, but it's also heartfelt homage to absolute craziness. Talk about living on the edge of life and death.  Now I'm not saying you should try this at home, nor that you should try to be like Sixx (as you'd expect of a lifelong rockstar, he can be quite the dick as well) but there is something in there to be noted about living a creative life and falling on your absolute face at the bottom of the deepest hole, and getting back up again.

Reminds me to be bold.

On the other hand, just started reading Blondie's book and - like the live performance I saw - it's sending me to sleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Just finished reading Nikki Sixx's The Heroin Diaries. Goddamn they were rock stars. And a lot of it wasn't pretty. The book is supposedly about how bad it is to be a junkie, but it's also heartfelt homage to absolute craziness. Talk about living on the edge of life and death.  Now I'm not saying you should try this at home, nor that you should try to be like Sixx (as you'd expect of a lifelong rockstar, he can be quite the dick as well) but there is something in there to be noted about living a creative life and falling on your absolute face at the bottom of the deepest hole, and getting back up again.

Reminds me to be bold.

On the other hand, just started reading Blondie's book and - like the live performance I saw - it's sending me to sleep.

David Lee Roth looks like he's paying the price for his lifestyle now.....

spacer.png

And he's younger than me! :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

David Lee Roth looks like he's paying the price for his lifestyle now.....

spacer.png

And he's younger than me! :classic_ohmy:

Woa, he is NOT well preserved. Nikki Sixx is doing better, apparently giving up your heroin addiction helps? Even Keith Richards is looking old these days...

Nikki-Sixx-sixx-am-40174866-213-320.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Woa, he is NOT well preserved. Nikki Sixx is doing better, apparently giving up your heroin addiction helps? Even Keith Richards is looking old these days...

Nikki-Sixx-sixx-am-40174866-213-320.jpg

FB_IMG_1637488915796.jpg.381736e2ca154c4ca32a216e036eb09b.jpg

• Haha 8

12 hours ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Reminds me to be bold.

Lemmy from Motorhead's biography was a good read. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Lemmy from Motorhead's biography was a good read. 

OMG that's what I need to read next! I love Lemmy, what a fucking legend. 

I've been reading Debbie Harry's autobiography and it's boring me to death, girl can't tell a story.

• Like 2