Thank you Philip

Sofia

Prince Philip was a motorcyclist, so I found this week. Shoulnd surprise us that was the case, he was passionate about anything motorised.

Its a mark of who he was that he could have chosen any vehicle to carry his coffin and he chose the Defender, the no fuss, no messing, just simply working vehicle from farmers to Marines. 

I have always been a great fan of Prince Philip, from his humour to his dedication to everything he did. Coming from a broken family myself,  with many ups and downs, total unpredictability and tough love, I related to the hardening of a childs spirit into the "get on with the job" approach no matter what.

At the end of the day, what really matters is how good we were to others while we lived and how big is the legacy  we leave behind. He sure did a good job, I wish I could be 1/10 as good. 

God Save the Queen! 

• Like 4

Well done Sofia, I cut short my rideout today to get back and watch the funeral.  All done with such dignity , I must admit I nearly had a tear when he was 'piped ' aboard.

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Well done Sofia, I cut short my rideout today to get back and watch the funeral.  All done with such dignity , I must admit I nearly had a tear when he was 'piped ' aboard.

I had plenty of tears. A person I have admired for many years and will always admire. 

• Like 1

I liked the old fellows ability to put his foot in it, which is prob what happened with the "babies colour" scandal.
Certainly learned a lot more about him.
R.I.P. Sir.