Moto Guzzi V85 TT Gets Improvements for 2021

Seymour Asscrack

Published in: News

Moto Guzzi V85 TT Gets Improvements for 2021

2021 is an important time for Moto Guzzi as it celebrates its 100th anniversary. A century of tradition, passion, as well as great commercial and competitive success; one hundred years of magnificent motorcycles that have always been built in Mandello del Lario, combining the best technology and the most valuable Italian manufacturing. Since 1921, these have been Moto Guzzi’s values.

In observance of this tradition, the V85 TT was born, dedicated to adventurous trips, which have always been part of Moto Guzzi heritage, in their purest and most original conception, bringing to mind the strong image of desert competitions like the Paris–Dakar, the famous race, historically held in Africa, which experienced its glory days in the early ‘80s. After the success achieved by the V85 TT from press and the general public, Moto Guzzi presents an updated version of its best seller for 2021.

2021 Moto Guzzi V85 TT GialloMojave

Based on feedback from riders, most of the changes are in the V85 TT’s iconic mill. Keeping with the pride and tradition of the Mandello Eagle it is still a two valve per cylinder 90° air-cooled V-twin with a pushrod and rockers, but the unit now has greater torque at low and mid range. The additional twist comes courtesy of optimized cam lift and timing as well as revised electronic tuning.

Another notable change is the new spoked tubeliss rims and tires: together, they guarantee about 3.3lbs (1.5 kg) lower weight, reducing the unsprung mass, which further benefits the already outstanding riding dynamic.

As for the riding assist electronics systems, two new Riding Modes (Sport, suitable for more sporty riding and Custom, customizable) join the existing three (Street, Rain, Off-road) to manage traction control, ABS and the response of the Ride-by-Wire throttle. Cruise control and the color TFT instrument panel also come standard. Riders can also connect a smart phone using the optional Moto Guzzi MIA system, extending the instrument panel’s functions.

The two versions of graphics available for the V85 TT Adventure are also new: Giallo Mojave and Rosso Uluru.

2021 Moto Guzzi V85 TT RossoUluru

V85 TT Travel receives all the technical upgrades of the V85 TT; as in the past, its complete equipment package makes it stand out, preparing it for any trip and including a Touring windscreen, side panniers from the Urban series with high cargo capacity and reduced lateral bulk, the pair of supplementary LED lights and the set of adjustable heated hand grips, as well as the Moto Guzzi MIA multimedia platform.

• Availability:

• V85 TT Adventure: April 2021 US / May 2021 Canada
  • V85 TT Travel: April 2021 US / May 2021 Canada

• Pricing:

• V85 TT Adventure: US $12,990 / Canada $15,190
  • V85 TT Travel: US $13,390 / Canada $15,390

For more info visit MotoGuzzi.com

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Well OF COURSE it got updated this year. I bought a 2020 after all so it's a given the 2021 would be updated. 

Aside from the tubeless wheels I'm not all that upset. I do like the 100th anniversary colors but from what I hear they're limited availability, one per dealer so chances are I wouldn' thave been able to get that anyway. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

That's the curse of buying a new bike, the year after something new comes along. 

But then again, if you wait for the next best thing you would never buy it.

Yeah, Ducati is/was good at updating the superbikes regularly. Well, of course they were, they had to be to keep up back then. Anyway, after one particularly whiney rant by some guy who still wasn't going to buy anything because he heard rumors they were going to have more power next year, I started out saying I had bought a 250 Monza in 1965 and then walked all the way up to present times with excuses on why I was waiting to buy my next bike and therefore still riding the 250. 

He didn't see the humor.

• Haha 1