GoPro Hero 8 Black.....

XTreme

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

@Tym......how do you record on them without getting the wind noise?

Trial and error, big air bubble forms on this GTR, the faster you go the cleaner the airflow gets, and this is chest mounted, below the airflow.

24 minutes ago, Tym said:

Trial and error, big air bubble forms on this GTR, the faster you go the cleaner the airflow gets, and this is chest mounted, below the airflow.

If the camera and mic is in the protective case does it cut out wind noise?

I know what you mean about the camera on the helmet being a bit obtrusive but it gives the best view by far.......and no vibes like you can get sometimes if it's on the bike.....particularly with Thumpers.

• Like 1

Its in a case, i think the case makes the noise worse on these old go pro's, weird. I want to upgrade to a new Go pro too. i use a 3 and a 4 now. :littleguy:

40 minutes ago, XTreme said:

If the camera and mic is in the protective case does it cut out wind noise?

I know what you mean about the camera on the helmet being a bit obtrusive but it gives the best view by far.......and no vibes like you can get sometimes if it's on the bike.....particularly with Thumpers.

With the newer GoPro cameras, say 7 and on, they have amazing stabilization in them.  With my thumper on the gravel roads they work really well, watchable footage, I think.

I don't ever get wind noise on the gravel, due to lower speeds and on the highway it depends on the placement.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

I have to use the cover but it affects the sound dramatically by only picking up the sound vibrations coming up through the bracket. I dont like that.

I like your little pirate flag. ☠️

I have been watching a show called Black Sails, all about pirates. 

Have you been out on large open water like that, with no land in sight?  That freaks me out.  I have spent a lot of time in a boat, just always with land visible.