Best Motorcycle Tire Repair Kit

Peon Maface

rssImage-f4e4fc8197b8c2f247e00bf3795c10ab.jpeg

Getting a flat while out riding sucks. Whether you’re on a tour or running errands, getting a flat on a motorcycle is not only inconvenient, it can be downright dangerous. It’s even worse when you decided to pack your plug kit at the bottom of your cases and have to sprawl out all of your possessions along the side of the road like some wandering gypsy in order to find it. The only thing worse than that is not having one at all.

There are all kinds of kits out there and they basically all work the same. Most have the plugs, your various T-handles to clear the area and wedge the plug, and maybe even a few CO2 cartridges to get some air back in the tire so you can limp back to civilization and fill up completely (if you even need to). We’ve left plugs in tires for thousands of miles without any issues, but you do whatever you’re comfortable with. Let’s look at some of the best motorcycle tire repair kits on offer these days.

Dynaplug Pro Tubeless Tire Repair Kit – $60

dynaplug_pro_kit-633x238.jpg

The Dynaplug Pro Tubeless Tire Repair Kit may look like a science fiction instrument of torture, but it is a remarkably versatile tire repair tool. Don’t take my word for it. Here’s the skinny from Burns: “Load the brass-tipped sticky plug in the handle and jab it in the hole like a jailhouse shiv, then pull it back out: The shoulder on the brass tip and the gooey nature of the plug are both going to hold it in place.”

Stop & Go Tire Plugger – $60

71qSZZLk-TL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

“The Stop&Go is more complex and impressive to deploy than the Dyna,” says John B. “Basically you’re inserting a big steel syringe into the tire, then using the handle’s internal screw mechanism to squeeze that pre-lubricated mushroom head into the tire with the included hex wrench. Once that’s accomplished, pull out the syringe, yank on the mushroom stem a few times to seat the head inside the casing (there’s no glue involved), trim off the excess, and you’re probably good to go – slowly at first please. A little water or saliva poured on the repair will let you see if air is escaping. It’s a little bit MacGyver.”

Bikemaster Tire and Tube Repair Kit – $40

Bikemaster-Tire-Repair-Kit.jpg

The Bikemaster Tire and Tube Flat Repair Kit has what you need to get back underway. This little repair kit fits easily under many motorcycles’ seats and can repair both tubed and tubeless tires. You get patches, plugs, a plug insertion tool, a hole cleaner, vulcanizing glue, a pressure wheel with surface a preparation tool, and a knife for plug trimming after installation. The kit also features four CO2 cartridges to reinflate your tire. A flexible valve makes hard-to-reach valve stems a non-issue.

Oxford CO2 Tire Repair Kit – $35

oxford_co2_tire_repair_kit_750x750.jpg

The CO2yre Repair Kit contains everything you need to plug up a tubeless tire puncture, get you back up to pressure and back on the road. This kit features controllable inflation via regulating valve head, three 16g threaded CO2 cartridges, a reaming tool, tire sealing sticks, an insertion tool, rubber cement, and a handy carrying pouch for easy storage.

Slime T-Handle Tire Plugger Kit – $13

61OBHJPlpIL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Slime manufacturers tire repair solutions for dozens of applications from autos, to bicycles, to jet skis. This kit will repairs punctures on motorcycles easily. Included is: rubber cement, T-handle reamer and plugger tools, and five plugs. Best of all, this kit is easy, cheap, and can be found at most auto parts retailers.

The post Best Motorcycle Tire Repair Kit appeared first on Motorcycle.com.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Motorcyclefeed/~4/k9z2Ozt6Zd4

Source

I've carried a plug repair kit for ages, with three or four bottles Co2 bottles. Never had a puncture, plus I've changed my plug for an USB plug to charge my mobile on the go so no plug for a compressor. I'm thinking I'll be screwed if it ever comes to it on a deserted stretch.

• 3 weeks later...