Anyone up for a USA Tour in Summer 2021?

Earache

On 20/11/2020 at 17:00, Pedro said:

... too much mileage per day for me to enjoy the views like I´d like to being my first time in the USA...

We should spend 2-3 days riding around northern Colorado in my truck; 4WD so we could drive up the dirt roads to mountain passes. Then hit some restaurants in Denver so you could experience some city life in the USA rather than just being out in the boonies the whole time. Time off bikes would be good for a first time visitor.

57 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

IMG_3215.JPG

The Harley Davidson boys will be spanking the monkey seeing this road!

There's something to be said about a road like that, it does make you open your horizons and see farther than you usually do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lone Amigo said:

I tried to explain that to my sister the other day about having to look way far ahead when going faster. She had trouble looking far enough ahead if the speed was over 80.

I blame it on all the Van Morrison music she listens to.

I meant your horizons, I feel restricted whenever I go to Morocco and get used to the big scenery, then coming back home I feel like my eyes don’t have space to see as far as they are used to, it’s a weird feeling to describe.

21 hours ago, Earache said:

No oceans within 1,200 miles of here so no fresh seafood at all.

I know! Aint it great?  

I mean the seafood part. Oceans are cool...

But what I really want to know is, why is Earche's avatar a simple blue "E" now instead of a smiling knee slider???

33 minutes ago, DesmoDog said:

But what I really want to know is, why is Earche's avatar a simple blue "E" now instead of a smiling knee slider???

It's purple not blue ya blind bastage!

8 hours ago, BusBoy said:

Mind you, I'm half tempted. Haven't seen so much blue in decades!  You know if we come it will piss down right?

Nah, we went 4 months this past summer with no rain. And when it does rain, it's the Virga rain that doesn't even get your jacket wet. It's weird to ride in the rain and never get wet.

The higher portions of Colorado can get some thunderstorms, but the are usually only 1-2 big clouds that move by pretty quickly. Sit down, take a break and watch it pass.

Waiting on a traffic accident to be cleared before the road opens - in rain as hard as it gets in the desert. Jacket isn't even wet....

rain.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DesmoDog said:

Well it WAS blue but now I agree with you it's purple, if by purple you mean pink. ?

It's a  manly looking purple. You need to adjust your monitor settings.