Weekend Ride to Guffey Aug 29-30 2020

Earache

Another weekend of good riding in southern Colorado. Started off on Saturday with a cruise through Cripple Creek, CO where I was viciously attacked by a herd of wild donkeys in the middle of town. Okay, they're "wild" only in that no one owns them and they roam freely. Not all that vicious either...

IMG_3749.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great architecture in this town. Too bad most of the buildings are empty and a few years away from collapse. Good stop for Pete's "Dark Motorcycling" tours in the future....

IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3768.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

• Like 4

Railed some dirt roads - love to do that in the rain. Our "dirt" roads don't have any dirt on them; it's a fine crushed rock; really nice to slide around on....

IMG_3819.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

IMG_3826.JPG

IMG_3829.JPG

• Like 3

Time to end the day and head for the hotel. Then this guy pulls me for speeding; 63 mph in a 55 zone. He says "I got you at 63 in a 55" and I replied "Yeah, so?"  He started laughing and we talked for about 20 minutes and he let me go. He was a nice kid to talk to (I'd guess he was about 25 years old). Thanks Trooper Wermuth.....

IMG_3831.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Relaxing in my deeeeluxe room at the Marriott in Colorado Springs. The bar was open in the lobby with cold Stella on tap. "Thank you, I'll have 5 please" - then off to bed...

IMG_3832.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My buddies from Georgia arrive in the night (rode from Savannah to Colorado Springs in 2 days; 1,000 miles on Friday and 750 on Saturday) so natuarlly they wanted to riding on Sunday!

Back to Victor as it was on our way and I wanted to get better pics...

IMG_3833.JPG

IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3840.JPG

• Like 3