West of Valencia

DangerRuss58

On Wednesday the sun was shining the temperature was ok so I dragged the bike out of the garage early. loaded up and went for a ride to meet up with some friends for lunch in Cortas de Pallas which is in the mountains to the west of Valencia. The roads around that area are great biking roads. When i got home 300 kms later I noticed that my total for January already outstripped my total mileage for the whole of last year, Was that a bum year or what?  In January last year the bike had its first ITV (mot) as it was four years old I took the crash bars off as I had added them after I bought the bike and as fellow Spanish dwellers know we have a sort of type approval thing going on here. I was going to put them back on but I never got around to it, it might be just me but I think the bike handles a bit better without them. 

Trip-1.jpg

Trip-2.jpg

Trip-3.jpg

Trip-4.jpg

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, DangerRuss58 said:

it might be just me but I think the bike handles a bit better without them. 

Can you see the bars when riding?

I ask because whenever I take my windshield off the bike feels like it weighs half instantly and feels a lot more agile even just doing tight maneuvers exiting the house. I know it's just some kind of optical illusion but I swear I could do a better lap time on a gymkhana course with no windscreen than with it on, and it's a smaller than stock one.

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Nice one Russ!

Last year was a no-go for me most of the time so hopefully this one will be a bit better.

That's exactly how I feel

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DangerRuss58 said:

That's exactly how I feel

Well I should be out Sunday for the first time in 8 weeks having served my time recovering from the op.

• Like 1