Last Ride of 2022

Earache

We're shrouded in deep snow and frigid temps now, but I was looking at some pics from my last ride of 2023 from September and thought I'd share.

My bud Todd came over from Missouri and spent a day riding around my home area, visiting old gold mines again and riding dirt roads.

IMG_8109.JPG

IMG_8114.JPG

IMG_8120.JPG

IMG_8123.JPG

wall 1.jpg

wall2.jpg

• Like 6

Further down the road and we're above the tree line and freezing our asses off, (32F at this point), as we summit the hills and head down the other side. Lots of brightly colored foliage and open sweepers ... 

IMG_8144.JPG

IMG_8145.JPG

IMG_8146.JPG

IMG_8150.JPG

IMG_8152.JPG

IMG_8153.JPG

• Like 3

Todd was hating life as his bike had streety tires and aluminum rims - not the best off road set up. My bike with Missions and spoked rims liked it a lot better. But I did lose a bolt on the way up that held my rear brake caliper to the stay arm. Had a spare with me though ... 

IMG_8242.JPG

IMG_8243.JPG

IMG_8246.JPG

IMG_8248.JPG

• Like 4

Only a fool would enter an abandoned mine opening, so in we went. Luckily, we didn't plummet to our deaths. Not a lot in there really, very dark of course. Had to really suck working in here years ago with only a candle on a stick to light your way ... 

IMG_8282.JPG

IMG_8284.JPG

IMG_8285.JPG

IMG_8286.JPG

IMG_8287.JPG

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant Eric! How old was that ghost town cos it didn't look ancient?

Built around 1905 so not too old at all. It only last 4-5 years until miners all moved away - probably due to a lack of gold.

It snows a shitload there - in feet rather than inches -  so winters are extremely rough.

• Like 1

Out of New Mexico and into Arizona and the Navajo Nation. Better watch our speed now so the Indian police don't get us. Nothing more fun than ticketing a white boy on a motorcycle if you're a Navajo cop ... 

IMG_8342.JPG

IMG_8343.JPG

IMG_8344.JPG

IMG_8345.JPG

IMG_8347.JPG

• Like 5