The next one

Sofia

After the 2005 Speed Triple came the 2006 Speed Triple and one would think that it would be exactly the same, but actually it wasn't. It felt different from day one, a lot less engine braking meant an increase of use of the bracks. Also different was the amount of throttle needed to get the same feeling of acceleration. It was a struggle to find out what was going on! Eventually I got the answer from Triumph. The maximum torque had been moved, from 5500 rpm to 7250 rpm, which doesn't seem a lot, but made a big difference. When questioned about this difference, Triumph explained it was in response to customer feedback, that the customers wanted more top speed and also more acceleration beyond 90 mph. Oh well, options! 

Can't say I loved it, but also did many miles on this bike. The best trip was 12 days riding in the North of Portugal with 3 other Triumph owners plus 1 Virago! It was such a nice tour with many funny moments and amazing roads, Some of those roads are @Pedro territory! 

Sold it in 2008 to help pay for my brothers school not with a heavy heart or sadness. It was always going to be a disappointment after the other one, but it was also fun and a good companion in all the trips across Europe while I was in charge of Jack Lilleys Triumph Rat Pack.

ring_ratpack3.jpg

ring_ratpack.jpg

TRIP_PORTUGAL_200742.jpg

alvao3.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Superb Sofia! Great gesture to sell it to help your brother as well! ?

it was just the push, a very deserved one as well! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Maybe it was just the colour being less funky than the previous bike, it affects personality too.

yellow is faster, everyone knows that!

• Thanks 1