A short ride to the Douro for a coffee

Pedro

Waking up took me a while, I planned on a long ride but ended up only left the house by 10, that doesn't give a lot of time before the lockdown at 13, so I just went to the Douro, and had a cup of coffee there. I don't spend many weekends here, but this is where a lot of bikers come for a short weekend morning ride, they meet up at the marina's cafe before riding back, it's only about 25 or 30km to Porto via a twisty road. This is a cool road they ride but on weekends it's just too much lazy traffic, too many bikes too. I chose to keep to a smaller cafe with almost nobody there instead of joining the mob, social distancing comes very natural to my reserved ways.

IMG_9561.thumb.jpeg.c380e48c8f90d39870da85a8f8e0d7d5.jpeg

On the other side of that river, right to the red cafe is where all the bikes are, maybe you can see them if you're able to zoom in. They were making themselves heard from this side as everyone that arrived seemed to have a stuck throttle :classic_laugh:

IMG_9562.thumb.jpeg.7df2b072a5f4d62ae5eb84f0cbd3a43e.jpeg

Going back I avoided the busy road, but my plan was to explore a "Serra" that I had been curious about for some time, Serra da Boneca was my stop on the way back home.

The dirt roads getting to the more scenic spots were all closed, I don't really know why, I expected the road to get a lot steeper so I walked the last 100 or 200 meters.

IMG_9574.thumb.jpeg.e38be3ffcf258cd8fb446f0228b99fc2.jpeg

Turns out the steeper bit was exactly where they put the gate, which isn't cool :classic_laugh:. It was quite windy up there, quite nippy too, but the views were nice.

IMG_9570.thumb.jpeg.599c1bac09285e313ac9993b0fee1081.jpeg

IMG_9568.thumb.jpeg.fec95cf87d306f1a4fd11d3458e8b8ca.jpeg

Got back home in time to buy some bread before the lockdown. Gave the bike a wipe before lunch, meant to wash it properly but I don't like washing it without being able to ride it warm and dry after, this bike hides water poodled inside like it's magic.

IMG_9575.thumb.jpeg.22805091d0185b73672855c179c475be.jpeg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Great shots Pedro......especially the over the mountains one.

And shit......that GSA is huge! 

No body shaming, Pete! She's just got big bones.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lone Amigo said:

image.png.c1228af7dbc796cf7f2c09f99db870fc.pngI have a nice sturdy Coleman folding camp stool, a Micah Maos rod and reel that lights up when casting, a nice little Micah Maos tackle box, and some gummy bear worms, and a red knitted watch cap. I can carry it all on Phelix the Helix.

I'm READY!

I tried fishing once, as a young teenager I hated it. Maybe in a few years I'll be ready :classic_laugh:

• Like 1