Day ride to Serra da Freita

Pedro

Me and @Sofia went for a ride today, around some of the roads where I learned how to ride a bike when I had my 650 Transalp a few years ago. Didn't take many pictures, though, so here they are

Arouca is a town that has a typical breed of cows, they grow slowly but their meat is very tasty, a lot of them roam the hills freely, most of the time keeping to themselves but often laying on the road for a nap, and since they're so big that can be pretty funny. Visiting this place and not meeting an Arouquesa is just not the same, here is one quite curious about the bikes.

IMG_8800.thumb.jpeg.880eaf9d15beac5e23874c7b58b358c1.jpeg

stopped at a nice spot near Portal do Inferno (translated Gateway to Hell), where you get views on both sides of the road:spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngIMG_8802.thumb.jpeg.2df318c7745b4bbd120a73b0d22023e7.jpeg

IMG_8804.thumb.jpeg.73482488b78bb236f037b1d87be4404d.jpeg

And having lunch at São Pedro do Sul, under a refreshing shade on a warm afternoon.

IMG_8807.thumb.jpeg.968d60587d37783aa039d81d644d7bb4.jpeg

• Like 4

We had a few cool days, but it's starting to warm back up now. I have been in Espinho over the last few days, which is up north and has a little bit of a microclimate, being usually cooler than anywhere else. It's been pretty much perfect weather.