Showtime on a KX500

Pedro

McGrath, one of the best ever supercrossers, retired, on his KX500 just racing like you do

The holeshot is amazing :classic_laugh:, and just standing up with that beast at WOT putting down what, 60 or 70hp? :dancebanana: 

• Like 3

Looking at the jumpy bits - as speed increases, there must be a point where hopping over the top of one to the base of the next turns in to landing half way up the next which I imagine is a bit dicey.

It must take a hefty pair of gonads to pin it to go up the front of the first and down the back of the second or third.

I wish I'd learned to do that kind of shit - the guy must be dripping in clunge. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Fro said:

Looking at the jumpy bits - as speed increases, there must be a point where hopping over the top of one to the base of the next turns in to landing half way up the next which I imagine is a bit dicey.

It must take a hefty pair of gonads to pin it to go up the front of the first and down the back of the second or third.

I wish I'd learned to do that kind of shit - the guy must be dripping in clunge. 

I watched a documentary on Mike Alessi's mother, who after falling out with her son went on to become one of the best child motocross coaches in the US. She clearly says that there comes a time in a child's training in which they will either have the bravery and confidence it takes for the doubles and triples or not, she says that most are able to do it technically but if they have any inkling of a doubt they'll fall short and have an ugly crash.

It's either full confidence or crash, so, the only way to see if they can actually do it is to convince them that they absolutely can, and it is a little hard to do to a 12 year old child because some actually can't and they'll only know in hindsight :classic_laugh: