New Bike.

Saul

Well back on subject, the Dear Girl and I were supposed to be cleaning and sorting her bike today plus go through some of the controls for the first time I take her for a lesson.  She listened intently about brakes and clutch control plus was pulling away pretty well, never stalled it once.  She also got it on and off the stands without fault.  Not bad for a 5"1"  7 stone newbie. 

Not so interested with chain cleaning/lubing/adjusting, tyre pressures, oil and general cleaning.  Brushing it all away with the phrase  "But you will help me with all that won't you Dad?"  she knows me too well.  🤣  She did polish the tank.  🤣She also grilled me about USB charging and a quadlock.  🤣.  Have also just splashed out on a Lid, Jacket and gloves for her.  😳

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Saul said:

Well back on subject, the Dear Girl and I were supposed to be cleaning and sorting her bike today plus go through some of the controls for the first time I take her for a lesson.  She listened intently about brakes and clutch control plus was pulling away pretty well, never stalled it once.  She also got it on and off the stands without fault.  Not bad for a 5"1"  7 stone newbie. 

Not so interested with chain cleaning/lubing/adjusting, tyre pressures, oil and general cleaning.  Brushing it all away with the phrase  "But you will help me with all that won't you Dad?"  she knows me too well.  🤣  She did polish the tank.  🤣She also grilled me about USB charging and a quadlock.  🤣.  Have also just splashed out on a Lid, Jacket and gloves for her.  😳

same bike my nephew started on , my insurance covered me to ride it, i rode it to an industrial estate then sister or niece brought him in car .

• Like 3

Just now, Six30 said:

same bike my nephew started on , my insurance covered me to ride it, i rode it to an industrial estate then sister or niece brought him in car .

I have just  ( taxed on the 1st obvs) insured it for me to ride so I can take her on the back to somewhere paved to practice and learn on.  There is a carpark near us that a bike school uses so I am hoping to get away with taking her there one or two evenings a week in the summer to get comfortable with the bike  ready for her CBT and hitting the road just after her birthday.  👍

• Like 2