How Much Power Does the 2022 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R Make?

Hugh Janus

The 2022 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R has finally made its way stateside, a year after it was made available to the European market. KTM redesigned the Super Adventure with major updates to its engine, chassis, and electronics package.

The KTM 1290 Super Adventure R is powered by a variation of the 1,301cc LC8 75-degree V-twin powerplant, which also powers the ridiculously entertaining 1290 Super Duke R Evo. The engine was updated extensively for the 2022 model year to achieve Euro 5 compliance, which we covered in our first ride review of the new model.

Horsepower and torque figures of the 2022 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R on the <i>Cycle World</i> dyno.
Horsepower and torque figures of the 2022 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R on the <i>Cycle World</i> dyno. (Robert Martin Jr./)

As part of the Cycle World testing protocol, we placed the 2022 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R on our in-house Dynojet 250i dynamometer, recording horsepower and torque measurements. The Super Adventure produced a peak 136.32 hp at 9,200 rpm and 87.45 pound-feet torque at 7,010. The immediacy of available torque and tabletop-like curve is remarkable. Over 80 pound-feet of torque is available from the 3,500 rpm mark and only tapers off beyond 9,000 rpm.

Source