Bikes that are too big for them!

XTreme

Star Trek Reaction GIF

You know the problem? People buying the bike that they think they ought to be seen on rather than the bike that they can physically manage!

I certainly wouldn't have been laughing if a prick like that had knocked my bike over!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

See it all too often, and it's not all about bike height it could be bike weight aswell I've seen so many people struggling with a bike that's abit too heavy for their strength and or experience 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, busabeast said:

See it all too often, and it's not all about bike height it could be bike weight aswell I've seen so many people struggling with a bike that's abit too heavy for their strength and or experience 

I think that is spot on, I have always had shorter legs but have had big heavy bikes, just gotta ride accordingly.  Tis experience plain and simple, strength a little bit.  The heaviest I had was 259 kilos and was fine as long as you didn't forget that.  And yes I did drop it once on gravel at a junction.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Got fuck all to do with the bike being too big just rider error or inexperience 

No doubt the rider was at fault......but if that was a CRF300L he'd have been able to hold the weight.

As I said, it's a case of he obviously wanted to be seen on a big GS despite not having the ability or experience to manoeuvre it around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No doubt the rider was at fault......but if that was a CRF300L he'd have been able to hold the weight.

As I said, it's a case of he obviously wanted to be seen on a big GS despite not having the ability or experience to manoeuvre it around.

I agree with some of what you say but you could also say that you would be better off riding a scooter about because it's much easier to manoeuvre than your CB500 but you don't want to be seen on a scooter 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I agree with some of what you say but you could also say that you would be better off riding a scooter about because it's much easier to manoeuvre than your CB500 but you don't want to be seen on a scooter 😉

I started on Scooters.....I may end up back on one, you never know.

But a Scooter wouldn't really do what I need a bike to do.....you need longer travel suspension and bigger wheels for the roads I sometimes end up on.

1 hour ago, Saul said:

I think that is spot on, I have always had shorter legs but have had big heavy bikes, just gotta ride accordingly.  Tis experience plain and simple, strength a little bit.  The heaviest I had was 259 kilos and was fine as long as you didn't forget that.  And yes I did drop it once on gravel at a junction.  

The busa is 266kgs by far the heaviest I've ever had 

• Like 2

Now this is where i agree with you Pete. This guy is a bit out of his depth i believe there is such a thing as the right tool for the job and this is definitely the wrong tool for this job yet the tool riding it and a number of tools commenting on it will probably quote that old line  "it's being used for what it was designed for" well no its a bike not a fucking boat, I gave him your number Pete as he asked for help and i know how you like to help, he's on the TET in Andalusia that's near you in it PS. wear gloves :classic_laugh:
 image.thumb.png.a237c0cdfa1c71da2299c42e8b11098a.png

image.thumb.png.6910fbf31943cea6f84ce7f898b7586d.png

image.thumb.png.9405d92879a905fc01e49848e133636b.png

Now these guys are in the same area using the right tools and using their head 

image.thumb.png.3d749da74e37b0efe36208d56210bb33.png

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Now this is where i agree with you Pete. This guy is a bit out of his depth i believe there is such a thing as the right tool for the job and this is definitely the wrong tool for this job yet the tool riding it and a number of tools commenting on it will probably quote that old line  "it's being used for what it was designed for" well no its a bike not a fucking boat, I gave him your number Pete as he asked for help and i know how you like to help, he's on the TET in Andalusia that's near you in it PS. wear gloves :classic_laugh:
 image.thumb.png.a237c0cdfa1c71da2299c42e8b11098a.png

image.thumb.png.6910fbf31943cea6f84ce7f898b7586d.png

image.thumb.png.9405d92879a905fc01e49848e133636b.png

Now these guys are in the same area using the right tools and using their head 

image.thumb.png.3d749da74e37b0efe36208d56210bb33.png

image.png

How the fuck did he manage that.......cos there's an easier path to the side?

It’s easy to turn around instead of drowning that bike. It’s clear if you can ride a big bike in mud on those gay tires, if you’ve got doubts you can’t. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It’s easy to turn around instead of drowning that bike. It’s clear if you can ride a big bike in mud on those gay tires, if you’ve got doubts you can’t. 

He'd win BOTM with that if it's any consolation for him.

• Haha 2

Just now, XTreme said:

Doubt he is too worried about the bike. If you’re worried you first avoid it, then if gone too far don’t take pictures of your bike being killed instead of fishing it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

No he wouldn’t, it’s not in landscape format, the fuckers banned.

• Haha 5