German scaffolding

Saul

Completed a nice bit of German Scaffolding on my bike today.    Actually my rack came from SW Motech this morning so it had to go on straightaway.    I got to say it was a bit spendy but worth it when it just goes easily on with no swearing needed.    I am a big fan of SW’s stuff proper quality gear that just fits.   
It took me longer to read the instructions than it did to fit it    😎

IMG_0086.jpeg

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Saul said:

Completed a nice bit of German Scaffolding on my bike today.    Actually my rack came from SW Motech this morning so it had to go on straightaway.    I got to say it was a bit spendy but worth it when it just goes easily on with no swearing needed.    I am a big fan of SW’s stuff proper quality gear that just fits.   
It took me longer to read the instructions than it did to fit it    😎

IMG_0086.jpeg

Quality bit of kit!

Seems like you've really taken to this bike Saul?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Quality bit of kit!

Yep nearly got it exactly how I like it.   Also getting ready to do a trip or two in the summer.  Got panniers, tank and tail bags so just need the time off now.  Which maybe an issue as I am about to change jobs but will worry about that when the time comes.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

Quality bit of kit!

I sat one one the other day but it felt too small for me. It's still on my list of maybes though. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Specs said:

I sat one one the other day but it felt too small for me. It's still on my list of maybes though. 

After the GS everything will seem small Alan! Small isn't a bad thing at our age though.

But given what you use a bike for, the Transalp would probably be a better option.

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Bought a small Givi tank bank as my sw motech one went missing. It’s ok but then the motech one turned up, I’d forgotten how much better it is compared to the Givi. 

A trip or two where? Do tell. 

Nothing to startling.  The usual suspects, Wales, East Anglia, Scotland or maybe Ireland.   But all depends on circumstances and could just end up in Devon for a couple of weekends 🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saul said:

Nothing to startling.  The usual suspects, Wales, East Anglia, Scotland or maybe Ireland.   But all depends on circumstances and could just end up in Devon for a couple of weekends 🤣

tl31hl51tgt71.webp.a77f0cb0bbc830c09849c28876e642cf.webp

1 hour ago, Specs said:

You are right and when I fist sat on mine it felt like a pumped 125 but I could flat foot it, it feels light and is easy to manoeuvre and move around.    Stuff that never entered my mind a few years ago but now I am a codger it is a factor.   
Also I won’t be taking a pillion anywhere with the exception of my youngest who is a hobbit.   I look at lots of stuff and do often hanker after a big blaster now and again but I always change my mind after a bimble on my little CB.  It’s right for me.  Although a new Hornet could be on the horizon in a couple of years.  😎

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

tl31hl51tgt71.webp.a77f0cb0bbc830c09849c28876e642cf.webp

Been many times mate, great roads,  rugby, singing and Brains what more do you need.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Saul said:

Ooh well no need to understate the power of Wales and Scotland. 

The lands end to John o’Groats recce I did was, and still is one of my favourite ever trips. 

Like another world of beauty. 

Look forward to hearing about it.. or your ride to Devon 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The lands end to John o’Groats recce I did was, and still is one of my favourite ever trips. 

I have done that twice when I was in the Saab club, did it once non stop there and back with a couple of mates.   Breath taking beauty.   If I was to do it again I would like to bimble it and take my time, with a few nights air b&b.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

After the GS everything will seem small Alan! Small isn't a bad thing at our age though.

But given what you use a bike for, the Transalp would probably be a better option.

Definitely a bike for old people, gays and women.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Saul said:

I have done that twice when I was in the Saab club, did it once non stop there and back with a couple of mates.   Breath taking beauty.   If I was to do it again I would like to bimble it and take my time, with a few nights air b&b.  

I don’t think on a mobike at whatever pace suits the mood, in whatever direction takes your whim even compares. 

The piping hot Cullen Skink at the Green Welly Stop wouldn’t have tasted half as good without the incessant rain, cold feet and time to enjoy the warmth 😂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Been many times mate, great roads,  rugby, singing and Brains what more do you need.  

Brains no more. Brewed in Ingurlund!

On 27/05/2023 at 05:17, Saul said:

Bugger didn't know that.  😕

I could be mistaken. It seems that they have a new brewery down in Cardiff Bay. The company sold off most of the pubs and closed the old brewer during lockdown. 
At the time of the sell off there was talk of shifting brewing elsewhere. 

• Like 1