Last Weekend in May!

XTreme

14 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No way, not the 3D Dali thingy I was longing after the other day?

Boiler House, Brick Lane?

Feckin knew it. 

Nearly posted on here Oi Yen you seen it? Worth a looksee?

That's the jobbie.

I'm off to my friends' house tonight for a double birthday celebration, then up early on Sunday morning to get the bus and tube to Brick Lane with them. Roads are all shut in London  tonight and tomorrow AND where I live 50 miles away for some stupid bicycle race, so no way can we drive or ride in. Dali is at mid day.

Apparently there is an Australian couple on holiday meeting us there and I have to amaze them afterwards with Jack the Ripper facts and show them the local yahoos spray painting the railway viaduct. I may have to make some stuff up, show them Jack's old disabled bay, or Mary Kelly's favourite take away.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

That's the jobbie.

I'm off to my friends' house tonight for a double birthday celebration, then up early on Sunday morning to get the bus and tube to Brick Lane with them. Roads are all shut in London  tonight and tomorrow AND where I live 50 miles away for some stupid bicycle race, so no way can we drive or ride in. Dali is at mid day.

Apparently there is an Australian couple on holiday meeting us there and I have to amaze them afterwards with Jack the Ripper facts and show them the local yahoos spray painting the railway viaduct. I may have to make some stuff up, show them Jack's old disabled bay, or Mary Kelly's favourite take away.

I'm well jelly.

By the time I get back sadly it's finished. Heyho. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Overwhelming sounds AWESOME!

I won't tell all, but at one point there was an egg on the deck of a ship and when I stuck my head into it, I couldn't see anything outside the egg, just lots of stars inside. I called out and suddenly a friend's head appeared inside with me as I had disappeared from their view to them, you can only see other people's heads and golden hands when you have the head sets on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I won't tell all, but at one point there was an egg on the deck of a ship and when I stuck my head into it, I couldn't see anything outside the egg, just lots of stars inside. I called out and suddenly a friend's head appeared inside with me as I had disappeared from their view to them, you can only see other people's heads and golden hands when you have the head sets on.

Sounds like LSD, so I have been told.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Goodam I wish I could go!

13 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I'm sure it will set up somewhere else. Lot of work wasted otherwise.

I think they do rotation tours with otheer virtually reality displays to other countries so the next stop for the Dali exhibition is Barcelona which is why I was gutted I was going to miss the London one. 

Heyho. It's a hell of a lot of work that went on into it so hopefully it'll be back. 

• Like 2