Head east - on to Ohio

Earache

5 minutes ago, Earache said:

Slept in today as the ride to Ohio is relatively short - 4 hours / 300 miles.. Will get going in awhile and stop by my bud's house on the way outta town.

The Stella looks like piss compared to the other stuff.......but $12 a bottle is crazy!

How much is Stella?

• Like 1

You can fuck off with 5$ per beer, I would throw a tantrum!

Also, for clarification, 04:00 is not early in the morning, it’s late at night!

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Don't drink Saul.......it's a migraine trigger!

Fair enough mate, neither do for other reasons, not that I didn't enjoy it immensely in the past 😉 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, XTreme said:

The Stella looks like piss compared to the other stuff.......but $12 a bottle is crazy!

How much is Stella?

Tell me your one of those people that just looks at the pictures in books and don't read a word without telling me LOL
image.png.ede0e10c5985adff585ffceadb7ca468.png

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Tell me your one of those people that just looks at the pictures in books and don't read a word without telling me LOL
image.png.ede0e10c5985adff585ffceadb7ca468.png

Think he skimmed it, something I'm guilty of.:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/05/2023 at 23:39, Earache said:

Landed in Kansas City for the night - some 650 miles after leaving home. It's 93F / 34C here - felt hot as  shit to me.

Great view out the of the room ...

9.jpg

I'm sweating in sympathy.

• Haha 3

On 26/05/2023 at 06:55, Earache said:

A few hours later, stopped to catch the sunrise. Looked better than yesterday, but still not too bright....

15.jpg

16.jpg

I really like Wings for some reason, the only one I've ever ridden was a GL in 1978 but it has stayed with me, there's something about them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, zzzak said:

I really like Wings for some reason, the only one I've ever ridden was a GL in 1978 but it has stayed with me, there's something about them.

They're not so bad and have their place. But I don;t think I'd buy another one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Is it just the fuel range that puts you off or is there other stuff as well

Range is one thing but the bike is just too small for me physically. I sit too far forward and there's not shit for leg room. ADV bikes are better built for me as far as size goes.

Wings are made for small guys - around 5'8" or so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earache said:

Range is one thing but the bike is just too small for me physically. I sit too far forward and there's not shit for leg room. ADV bikes are better built for me as far as size goes.

Wings are made for small guys - around 5'8" or so.

Well you learn something everyday i just assumed a behemoth like that would suit the larger gentleman, then again its typical Japanese design i bet the suspension was designed for a 70kg ( 154Ib ) guy as well

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Well you learn something everyday i just assumed a behemoth like that would suit the larger gentleman, then again its typical Japanese design i bet the suspension was designed for a 70kg ( 154Ib ) guy as well

It does look less “American” than the previous generations.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

No update from @Earache yet?

I haven't been doing too much, really. Yesterday, I rode from Ohio to Moorhead, KY and had lunch with my old college roommate.

550 miles round trip and didn't take too many pics at all. Was a fun ride though, cursing through the hills of Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky....

35.jpg

36.jpg

• Like 4

Gas light was on again when I stopped for fuel. I looked it up and the bike actually holds 5.25 US gallons - not 4 as I was told. Still, the light comes on when it has used 4 gallons so I guess the rest is considered reserve. Still, shit capacity / range  for a tour bike...

41.jpg

• Like 4

And have been looking at retirement homes in Ohio as well. Found this one for $49,000 - needs a bit of work but I could most of it myself....

40.jpg

• Like 6

The inside has already ready been gutted and is now ready for interior framing and drywall. Run a bit of electrical and plumbing first and Bob's yer uncle ...

29.jpg

30.jpg

• Like 5

I saw these tiny homes under construction in Kentucky. I'd need two of these in my backyard as I have a sister-in-law to house as well as a friend of ours that's going to need somewhere to live. Should be easy enough to knock a couple of these out in short order. Gotta see if zoning would allow it though....

31.jpg

32.jpg

• Like 3

Tomorrow, Thursday, I begin the ride back to Colorado, Will take 2 days to get there and I'll overnight in Columbia, Missouri at Todd's house - he's the guy on the Ducati that I often take trips with. We'll drink too much and plan our trip to Canada later this summer.

Might get out around town today and get some pics of the area....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Very different scenery there Eric!

Lot of potential with that house at 49K!

Yes - not desert, rolling hills and lots of green. Kinda like England and the supposed Peak District. No crowds or traffic , either.

It;d probably cost around  $100K to finish that house and then you'd have $150K in it. Probably could only sell it for $80K. But to live in and not worry about resale, it'd be good.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Earache said:

And have been looking at retirement homes in Ohio as well. Found this one for $49,000 - needs a bit of work but I could most of it myself....

40.jpg

a bit big for a retirement home , think of all those steps with your groaning knees 🤔

• Haha 2