MOT buggery

Buckster

21 hours ago, Buckster said:

I will have the tyre Thursday, local auto parts distributor is a distributor for Avon car tyres, they checked and can get bike tyres too so gave me a hefty discount because I’m such a great guy.

Avon  !....isn't that  women beauty products ?.....figured you get some gayass tyres..

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Avon  !....isn't that  women beauty products ?.....figured you get some gayass tyres..

They have a picture of a cobra on the side, you don’t get more manly than that. 
nat geo desert GIF by National Geographic Channel

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Buckster said:

They have a picture of a cobra on the side, you don’t get more manly than that. 
nat geo desert GIF by National Geographic Channel

Is there not a tyre with a mongoose on it?

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Buckster said:

I’m rebuilding the calipers and have ordered solid discs to see how they fair.

Thought you would of gone for wavey discs 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Thought you would of gone for wavey discs 

I think he should install drum brakes...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

My suspicion is that the fucking trailer warped his discs!

No good ever came of hooking up a trailer full of Bibles to a motorcycle!

What Pete said....what was he thinking. 

Daughter Reaction GIF

• Haha 5

Were the previous discs floating? My OH had solid disks on the front of her Bonneville,  which we ended up replacing twice because they warped due to the pads dragging. We then fitted a Brembo floating disk and the problem has never returned.

• Like 1

On 25/05/2023 at 19:51, Tango said:

Were the previous discs floating? My OH had solid disks on the front of her Bonneville,  which we ended up replacing twice because they warped due to the pads dragging. We then fitted a Brembo floating disk and the problem has never returned.

The EBC discs are floaters, I have used solids before and I was able to get them quickly, they are here now. I will see how they last but I want to have a proper look at the brakes and see if there are any reasons they may be failing, I have new pistons and seals here as well so will rebuild the calipers while I am on.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Have you read the history of Bibendum? Brilliant stuff, he was used to advertise drinking alcohol when you drive to keep the chills away 😆

I only know the name because there was a tv programme about him a few years ago. Unfortunately only the name stuck and that it was from the latin to drink.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I only know the name because there was a tv programme about him a few years ago. Unfortunately only the name stuck and that it was from the latin to drink.

Yep “and now is the time for drinking”

He was originally a rejected illustration for a brewery that was then used by the Michelin brothers. 

Theres a great poster of somewhere of him driving a convertible and drinking out of a champagne coupe 😁

There was one poster suggesting a drink if you felt tired would liven you back up for driving 🤣

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yep “and now is the time for drinking”

He was originally a rejected illustration for a brewery that was then used by the Michelin brothers. 

Theres a great poster of somewhere of him driving a convertible and drinking out of a champagne coupe 😁

There was one poster suggesting a drink if you felt tired would liven you back up for driving 🤣

I nearly got run over by the Michelin Man when he was riding a Beemer (I think it was an R90S) on the infield at Silverstone in 1978!

Fat Twat wasn't looking where he was going!

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, Buckster said:

The EBC says discs are floaters, I have used solids before and I was able to get them quickly, they are here now. I see how they last but I want to have a proper look at the brakes and see if there are any reasons they may be failing, I have new pistons and seals here as well so will rebuild the calipers while I am on.

I guess that I don't need to mention using a smear of red rubber grease during reassembly? 😉😂😂

If our bikes were not going to be used for a bit I used pop the calipers off and pump the pistons out a fraction. Then clean the pistons as much as was possible, put a smear of red rubber grease on them and then push the pistons back. Then I'd repeat this cycle until all the pistons moved out at the same rate. Finally, push the pistons back in and leave them until the first use of the bikes,  remembering to pump the brake lever and pedal before trying to move them. 

• Like 5